Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by one1 View Post
our social network has become a mess of tweeting and face booking we put ourselves out in the world probably more than we should.we are being marketed by whatever powers want us to manipulate us into being what society has come to dictate.our lifestyles are dictated whether we like it or not.and we are getting to the point were we really have no control over it.

I'll address this part.

Facebook and Twitter (Vine, Instagram) are to be commend for increasing socialization. It is the social sites that operate in anonymity that are problematic.

I have no clue what this means, "we are being marketed by whatever powers want us to manipulate us into being what society has come to dictate."

As far as:
"our lifestyles are dictated whether we like it or not.and we are getting to the point were we really have no control over it."

This has been the case since 1776 here in the USA. This is nothing new. You are by birth obliged to be a capitalist and if by birth this is not adventitious, tough. What's new about this?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
One1, your first post expresses anxiety, but in my 61 years I've noticed there are always people convinced we're going to hell, and just about there, but the catastrophe always seems to evade us. There are some bad trends now, and the climate is a worry, but I expect, all in all, that the human race will muddle through.

As Dan Rather said, "Courage!"
only anxious from initial start of this thread.i have no doubt man will overcome.and probably without much doomsday conspiracy scenarios.

i have lots of opinions on everything involving life. and yes i care what happens to our brothers and sisters.and we are our own worst enemies sometimes.one thing i always re-emphasis about my self is that i am a wreck but i am a wreck of my making with the knowledge that God is my God and that Jesus Christ gave his life for me and for all of mankind and that kinda trumps all else.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
I'll address this part.

Facebook and Twitter (Vine, Instagram) are to be commend for increasing socialization. It is the social sites that operate in anonymity that are problematic.

I have no clue what this means, "we are being marketed by whatever powers want us to manipulate us into being what society has come to dictate."

As far as:
"our lifestyles are dictated whether we like it or not.and we are getting to the point were we really have no control over it."

This has been the case since 1776 here in the USA. This is nothing new. You are by birth obliged to be a capitalist and if by birth this is not adventitious, tough. What's new about this?
it is all just interpretation,like i said i don't always say things as i mean them,i am sure there is a label for that but that is what it is some get it some don't. we don't all have the same decoding hardware like others.i see what i see and you see what you see and we try to report on this the best we can.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 AM

here is a summation on fear i read many years ago i found it recently it kinda tells it like it is as far as fear goes.once again this is open to interpretation.but i feel it is worth a read.the blog it self has no relevance.

http://open.salon.com/blog/nanatehay..._a_dream_i_had
Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 AM

and also i don't believe anyone goes to hell that believes in God almighty.that is just what it is just as God is God.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Congrats on a great thread

The serpent will come to a head, to be crushed.

DQ that's really nice.

Pete
Old 11-12-2013, 11:44 AM

oh and btw ,you can just call me by my given name ,Cleon. one1 is just my place in this world one among many.i will try to learn everyone's names and use them as intended with all due respect.

there is nothing different or special about me i am just a biological speculation bought on by my environment and circumstances.in my opinion there was only one man that ever had a reason to be called special and that was Jesus Christ,he commuted the greatest sacrifice one can do he,he gave his life for all of us not just the Christians but all of us.even the ones we ourselves think are not worthy ,but all.'

to be honest i don't know if i an or could do that.i would like to think i could but i honestly do not know.a lot of men and women have done this in history and that is a special glorious thing to do.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM

one thing ,what do you think of television as a whole. the ad's the programming the whole general idea.i cannot watch television without being skeptical and judgmental.advertising or programming.most of the documentary's are sometimes full of false information. and the reality shows is it just entertainment or do people try to be and live like what they watch.and from a previous reply,,i have nothing against the social media,it all has it's good points.what we do here is part of the social revolution going on.when computers first started showing up in the early '90's a friend said that they were the devils tools to trap men and i thought that too,but look at me now i have embraced the digital age whole heartily.

Last edited by one1; 11-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Loyal Opposition

Frank Zappa produced my favorite commentary on television. It has been posted here before, but it bears repeating.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Resident octogenarian

Cleon I answer to Rob or Robert but I guess my Florence is the only that uses my full name.

I was in a pretty rotten frame of mind some thirty one years ago, I was 52 recently divorced and if my doctor had said I only had two months to live I probably would have thanked him.

Then while here on a business trip in February 11 & 12 -1983 I was trapped in a hotel lobby by that east coast blizzard. There was a lovely dark eyed lady trapped there as well. She seemed very nervous so I offered her my protection. We conversed most of the night then exchanged addresses to be pen pals.

Many many letters later across 500 miles I asked her to marry me and she accepted me. The intervening blissfull thirty years are all the reality show we need, we watch TV to be entertained or informed They can keep their reality, as for advertising I have always assumed that is what they put the MUTE button on the remote for.