Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:17 PM
Rajoo's Avatar
Rajoo Rajoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SF East Bay
Posts: 11,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There is simply nobody in the history of American politics remotely as dishonest and unethical as your Dear Leader. Durbin is accused of one lie in 2013, whereas Trump has lied a documented 2,000 times in the past year.
Finn, why even bother?

Study: 42 percent of Republicans believe accurate — but negative — stories qualify as ‘fake news’

Quote:
Four in 10 [or 42 percent of] Republicans consider accurate news stories that cast a politician or political group in a negative light to always be “fake news.” [The corresponding figure for Democrats is 17 percent.]
The intent of whell is to deny and frustrate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.a5fa031aad76
__________________
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”― George Carlin
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Chicks Chicks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,683
Graham: White House staff gave Trump 'really bad advice' on DACA

No doubt that little sociopath Nazi Steven Miller.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...advice-on-daca
__________________
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-16-2018, 03:38 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There is simply nobody in the history of American politics remotely as dishonest and unethical as your Dear Leader. Durbin is accused of one lie in 2013, whereas Trump has lied a documented 2,000 times in the past year.
Yet there you are, still building your house of cards by investing in one liar over another.

In the meantime, here's more bullshit from the "accused".

Durbin: Trump is a racist for using the term "chain migration".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...in_chains.html

Durbin: uses the term "chain migration".

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...mp_racist.html

This guy trades in race - baiting like many in the Dem party do, yet we "must" believe him in this instance. Uh...no.

I think what's really going on here is that Durbin is pissed at Trump for "sandbagging" him on immigration, so this is Durbin's way of getting back at Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politi...ntv/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-16-2018, 03:54 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I think what's really going on here is that Durbin is pissed at Trump for "sandbagging" him on immigration, so this is Durbin's way of getting back at Trump.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/politi...ntv/index.html
There's no question that Trump sandbagged Durbin and Graham. There's also no question that Trump is a racist and that he wants to use race as a deciding factor for "merit-based" immigration. Heck, even his designated liar, Sarah Hillbilly Sanders, is no longer denying his "shithole" comment:

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not deny Tuesday morning that President Donald Trump had called certain Caribbean and African nations “shithole countries,” telling reporters outside the West Wing that the president had never denied using “strong language.”

"Look, the president hasn't said he didn't use strong language. And this is an important issue. He's passionate about it," Sanders said when asked why Trump reportedly defended the comment to allies while denying it publicly. "He's not going to apologize for trying to fix our immigration system. He's committed to doing that and hopefully Democrats will be too."


https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...esponse-340683
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-16-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:34 PM
whell's Avatar
whell whell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 11,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There's no question that Trump sandbagged Durbin and Graham. There's also no question that Trump is a racist and that he wants to use race as a deciding factor for "merit-based" immigration. Heck, even his designated liar, Sarah Hillbilly Sanders, is no longer denying his "shithole" comment:

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not deny Tuesday morning that President Donald Trump had called certain Caribbean and African nations “shithole countries,” telling reporters outside the West Wing that the president had never denied using “strong language.”

"Look, the president hasn't said he didn't use strong language. And this is an important issue. He's passionate about it," Sanders said when asked why Trump reportedly defended the comment to allies while denying it publicly. "He's not going to apologize for trying to fix our immigration system. He's committed to doing that and hopefully Democrats will be too."


https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...esponse-340683
SO WHAT??? He used "strong language"? Big f-ing deal. According to those that were there, the room was filled with "strong language" used by multiple individuals. If you don't think "strong language" is used, or had never been used before, inside the White House or in the halls of Congress, you're deluded.

It is "alleged" that he used it specifically about certain countries. So far, only on person at the meeting said he heard it, and that was the guy who claims he was "sandbagged". That person also has a history of playing fast and loose with the facts and with using race as a political weapon.

Like I said, you believe what you want to believe. You've got plenty of folks here who want to believe it just like you.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-16-2018, 05:46 PM
barbara's Avatar
barbara barbara is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,805
According to Trump.... he called friends to brag about his racism.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...out-s-hole?amp
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 33,216
Poor Whell. Everybody here is wrong and you are the only one blessed with the pure and simple truth.
__________________
'I hear mariachi static on my radio and the tubes they glow in the dark' Zevon

Last edited by bobabode; 01-16-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:45 PM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
Reformed Know-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MoCo, MD
Posts: 21,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
SO WHAT??? He used "strong language"? Big f-ing deal.
His strong language is just an outward sign of what his intent is and why people are upset about it. Beyond his language insulting dozens of friendly countries in important parts of the world (and from which many fellow Americans immigrated), the bigger issue is a president with a rich history of racist rhetoric and behavior pressuring Congress to use race as the determining factor in a "merit-based" immigration program. It's racist, immoral, unconstitutional and anathema to the American ideal.
__________________
As long as the roots are not severed, all will be well in the garden.

Last edited by finnbow; 01-16-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Chicks Chicks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Poor Whell. Everybody here is wrong and you are the only one blessed with the pure and simple truth.
He’s on a mission from (his god) Donny.
__________________
"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act." -
George Orwell
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-16-2018, 06:58 PM
donquixote99's Avatar
donquixote99 donquixote99 is offline
Ready
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 14,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
SO WHAT??? He used "strong language"? Big f-ing deal.
So what??? Whell is running off at the keyboard again, and doesn't get the smallest little thing, as usual. Big f-ing deal.
__________________
If things don't go right, go left!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.