We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You got an I-Pod too?

Chas
Funny, that has been my point of comparison. My main system, Sansui 5000x, Sony Pl X5, Pioneer Elite DVD/CD, Nakamichi CD4, and Acoustic Research AR-93, all cost me less than an ipod, even taking into account what I spent on parts rehabbing the ARs and the Sony. I know you don't like Sansui, but listening to it puts me in a happy place. Even you would agree that it sounds considerably better than an ipod.

I know you were funnin' and you know I was. When we can take a joke, particularly a little ribbing, it does show how we can get along. It does seem, however, that the most harmony occurs in the Off-Topic forum.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Area Man

The Bottlehead would be my first kit. Although I can get a Little Dot MKIII for a little less money, it's already assembled and has some sweet parts content. Although it is made by Communists.

Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I too enjoy the argument, one does learn a bit even if disagreeing.

Tubes and sand, meaningless. All sound exactly alike. Just get a Soundesign all in one. Ditto horns, planars, etc. And everyone knows LPs are way better than cds.

Pete
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
Tubes and sand, meaningless. All sound exactly alike. Just get a Soundesign all in one. Ditto horns, planars, etc. And everyone knows LPs are way better than cds.

Pete
Sacrilege!

And Lps ARE way better than cds!

Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Funny, that has been my point of comparison. My main system, Sansui 5000x, Sony Pl X5, Pioneer Elite DVD/CD, Nakamichi CD4, and Acoustic Research AR-93, all cost me less than an ipod, even taking into account what I spent on parts rehabbing the ARs and the Sony. I know you don't like Sansui, but listening to it puts me in a happy place.
Regards,

D-Ray
Nice system, Donald!

Dave
Old 12-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Funny, that has been my point of comparison. My main system, Sansui 5000x, Sony Pl X5, Pioneer Elite DVD/CD, Nakamichi CD4, and Acoustic Research AR-93, all cost me less than an ipod, even taking into account what I spent on parts rehabbing the ARs and the Sony. I know you don't like Sansui, but listening to it puts me in a happy place. Even you would agree that it sounds considerably better than an ipod.

I know you were funnin' and you know I was. When we can take a joke, particularly a little ribbing, it does show how we can get along. It does seem, however, that the most harmony occurs in the Off-Topic forum.

Regards,

D-Ray
Don't like Sansui????

Since the only Sansewage equipment I own is a restored 1000A, two TU-717's, a TU-666, SC-3110, AX-7 mixer, and a few other canners and cutters you may have a point.

The 1000A is a particularly nice piece, the tuner is probably more sensitive than either of my 717's, the amp section gives up very little to my Dareds, although the phono stage kind of sucks. Nothing an external phono pre won't cure. It also has a loudness and presence control, which makes it compatible with a wide range of speakers. It will even make a set of Bose 301's sound, well, ok.

I sold my Fishers and kept the Sansui, if that tells you anything. And the tricked out X-202-C I used to own was a stunning piece.

Chas
Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
The Bottlehead would be my first kit. Although I can get a Little Dot MKIII for a little less money, it's already assembled and has some sweet parts content. Although it is made by Communists.

Dave
The Little Dot 1+ I use is pretty nice for a $99 unit. Works great with my Sr 225's.

Chas
Old 12-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I too enjoy the argument, one does learn a bit even if disagreeing.

Pete
Short-O-Matic makes some pretty nice stuff too, if you want some tunes in the ol' flivver.

Chas
Old 12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Sacrilege!

And Lps ARE way better than cds!

Dave
They must be - my super duper GPX rack system doesn't have a CD player but rocks out on my old beatup copy of Stairway to Heaven. When it skips I just add another quarter.

It does have cassette, but you have to hold down the play button.

Ah, memories

Pete
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Chas, I looked up flivver, but came short on Short-O-Matic

Pete