Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
If my '09 Challenger R/T is any indication-----Yeah, Chrysler just might survive.

Dave
And 09 Challenger R/T?

Kewl. What's it got for a mill?

Personally, I'm scared to death of those little go fast sporty cars. 1st car I ever lost complete control of and wound up swapping ends with was a '67 Cuda. And I had a Camaro that would get away from you if you didn't pay CLOSE attention.

Best handling car I ever had was a '65 Skylark. I could pop that thing sideways, go through a 45 MPH corner doing 90, leave four black marks, stay in my lane, and straighten it back out so smooth that no one spilled a drop of their beer. But I drove like that everywhere I went for years. I should have been dead 40 yrs ago.

And believe it or not, people would ride with me more than once.

Have fun with your toy,

Chas
Old 10-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Area Man

5.7 liter (345 cu.in.) Hemi, 370 horsepower. She WILL get up and strut. 0-60 is somewhere below 6 seconds. Handling is surprisingly good for such a big car, but not quite as tight as the '05 Mustang I had.

I took her out cruisin' last night, down at the oceanfront all shined up and pretty. She was turnin' heads everywhere we went.

Love that car.

Dave

P.s. You may have thought my username is about my politics. It's not. That's what I call my Challenger. She's "Deepwater Blue".

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-25-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
5.7 liter (345 cu.in.) Hemi, 370 horsepower. She WILL get up and strut. 0-60 is somewhere below 6 seconds. Handling is surprisingly good for such a big car, but not quite as tight as the '05 Mustang I had.

I took her out cruisin' last night, down at the oceanfront all shined up and pretty. She was turnin' heads everywhere we went.

Love that car.

Dave

P.s. You may have thought my username is about my politics. It's not. That's what I call my Challenger. She's "Deepwater Blue".
370 HP hemi ought to move out.

Only hemi I was ever around was in my buddy's '53 Desoto. Someone had converted it from a 6V positive ground system into a 12V negative ground system by installing a 12V battery hooked up backwards in it.

It had an electric fuel pump and a bad flooding problem. While I was testing it to see if I had the flooding problem fixed, the battery exploded like a stick of dynamite. The case was completely gone and the posts were hanging from the cables.

I finally got it fixed and back on the road. Talk about a learning experience. Kind of an interesting old tub, actually had a factory correct dual point distributor.

Chas