Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-31-2023, 06:14 AM
Jigsawed

The Israeli/Palestinian situation... an off-ramp from Ukraine?

The voices of the leading active US military plus Defense Secretary, Austin, were never enthusiastic about the Ukrainian project. Their basic objection was that it was too risky (possible nuclear clash) for a country that was not strategically vital. Furthermore, Poland and Romania were already in the bag.

Now everything, every nut and bolt is focused on Israel. Probably the munitions that were stored in Israel and then sent to Ukraine will have to be returned. As to air defense systems; Israel is the priority.

Last edited by Dondilion; 10-31-2023 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-31-2023, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
The voices of the leading active US military plus Defense Secretary, Austin, were never enthusiastic about the Ukrainian project. Their basic objection was that it was too risky (possible nuclear clash) for a country that was not strategically vital. Furthermore, Poland and Romania were already in the bag.
Was Kuwait strategically vital in 1990? Kuwaiti oil was not desperately needed in this country in 1990. From the figures I've seen, it wasn't needed at all. Reckon the only reason there was a Gulf War I is because Kuwait wasn't invaded by the fucking Russians. We put boots on the ground in Kuwait in 1990, but we don't put any boots on the ground in Ukraine?

Also, over 70% of the Russian people say that it would never be justified for Russia to use a tactical nuclear weapon in its current military operation in Ukraine. And Putin knows this. So is there really a possible nuclear clash that we need to worry about? Or is this just more alt-right bullshit fear mongering. I'm going with the latter.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 10-31-2023 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
So...I happened to catch the press conference today with Israeli Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant and Netanyahu. I can't think of anything I disagree with that either one said.

In particular Netanyahu's reminding the rest of the world that Hamas is responsibe for the deaths of Gazans because they choose to hide behind civilians by placing their operations units in hospital basements and their rocket and mortar installations in residential neighborhoods next to schools and mosques. And that they do this because they want more dead civilians. The more dead, the more anti-Semitism.
Mainstream media in the US continues to repeat Hamas lies. It seems that every MSM reporter on the ground in Israel is a self-appointed analyst that, for some puzzling reason, repeats mostly Hamas disinformation.

Last edited by Mark B; 11-02-2023 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:26 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
Mainstream media in the US continues to repeat Hamas lies. It seems that every MSM reporter on the ground in Israel is a self-appointed analyst that, for some puzzling reason, repeats mostly Hamas disinformation.
Maybe we should look for more than 'seems.' Can you link to an example, and identify the Hamas lies in it?
Old 11-02-2023, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Article in today's New York Times...

American Muslims Are in a Painful, Familiar Place

Read it at your own level of risk. Muslims world wide are apparently victims of more hate than even JEWS! Can ya believe it? No doubt this country has been responsible for a whole lot of bad shit since 9/11. But the argument holds no water when the actual situation in Gaza is examined.

So I'm gonna post something here...I hate this goddamn guy, but I cannot argue with anything Ben Shapiro says in this Youtube quickie rant. I hate putting this asshole up as anybody to be listened to, but when it comes to what is happening in Gaza now and what has happened in Gaza since 2005 when ISRAELI OCCUPATION ENDED, Ben Shapiro is absolutely right. Americans don't hate Muslims any more than Americans hate Jews. Hamas is the problem, Hamas is under attack, Palestinians in Gaza are dying, the blood is on the hands of Hamas...every fucking drop of it. Rocket fusillades are raining down in northern Israel, from installations that Hamas has established in neighborhoods, next to schools, next to mosques, and in hospital parking lots. They know Israel will use all the air power they have to stop these rocket attacks, and they know that civilians will be killed...because Hamas wants civilian Palestinians killed.

BECAUSE DEAD PALESTINIANS ARE FODDER FOR "THE SQUAD'. POLITICAL FODDER FOR THEM AND OTHER FUCKING DEMOCRATIC ANTI-SEMITES IN THE US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.

"There Is No Duality About This" - Ben Shapiro

Last edited by Ike Bana; 11-02-2023 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Maybe we should look for more than 'seems.' Can you link to an example, and identify the Hamas lies in it?
I am interested in your read on any of what I just posted above. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2023, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Don, are you unaware that virtually ALL "news" coming out of Gaza is Hamas disinformation?

As for an example and identifying the Hamas lies in it, there is the infamous Hamas claim that Israel bombed a Gaza hospital causing hundreds of deaths. All lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/21/middl...ast/index.html
Old 11-02-2023, 10:37 AM
Ready

Quote:
Don, are you unaware that virtually ALL "news" coming out of Gaza is Hamas disinformation?

As for an example and identifying the Hamas lies in it, there is the infamous Hamas claim that Israel bombed a Gaza hospital causing hundreds of deaths. All lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/21/middl...ast/index.html
I went to your link. I read as far as the headline. The headline is "CNN Investigates: Forensic analysis of images and videos suggests rocket caused Gaza hospital blast, not Israeli airstrike." Is this an example of mainstream media repeating Hamas lies? Or has the article been revised? News is the first draft of history, and legitimately subject to revision.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
I went to your link. I read as far as the headline. The headline is "CNN Investigates: Forensic analysis of images and videos suggests rocket caused Gaza hospital blast, not Israeli airstrike." Is this an example of mainstream media repeating Hamas lies? Or has the article been revised? News is the first draft of history, and legitimately subject to revision.
The article is one of many that debunk the Hamas claim that the blast in the parking lot of the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital was from an Israeli airstrike.

Hamas also claimed that 500 people were killed in the blast. Independent estimates of deaths range from 50 to 300. You can do your own research.
Old 11-02-2023, 11:44 AM
Ready

Quote:
The article is one of many that debunk the Hamas claim that the blast in the parking lot of the Al-Ahli Arab Hospital was from an Israeli airstrike.

Hamas also claimed that 500 people were killed in the blast. Independent estimates of deaths range from 50 to 300. You can do your own research.
I am not disputing that Hamas is not reliable. I am disputing what you said:

"Mainstream media in the US continues to repeat Hamas lies. It seems that every MSM reporter on the ground in Israel is a self-appointed analyst that, for some puzzling reason, repeats mostly Hamas disinformation."

Since you said it, I think you should be willing to back that up.