Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
"Electability" isn't really the appropriate term, viability as a nominee with the magamob is more accurate. He still looks like an unfit unqualified grifter to the undecided, I'm hoping for the 'pub ticket to look like a circular firing squad of radical fringe freaks looking to poach Magamorons from his cult.
Quote:
In a recent focus group conducted by the anti-Trump Republican Accountability Project with two-time Trump voters without college degrees, only one of seven participants said she was familiar with the trial. “It happened a couple years ago and the witnesses are her two friends,” the participant, a woman named Chandra from Florida, said. “It’s kind of stupid.”
From reading this, there is a whole lot of MAGAmorons and if they do not even know about his conviction, how will they be poached. This is why he is and ill be front runner, his base is truly ignorant of facts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cans-reaction/
Old 05-11-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Serbia tightens gun control after deadly school shooting
https://www.dw.com/en/serbia-tighten...ing/a-65516729
Serbians hand over thousands of weapons after mass shootings
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/s...ings-rcna83946
Old 05-11-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
From reading this, there is a whole lot of MAGAmorons and if they do not even know about his conviction, how will they be poached. This is why he is and ill be front runner, his base is truly ignorant of facts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cans-reaction/
Republican voters

by design.
Old 05-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Republican voters

by design.
I dunno. I think its an indication of just how racist, sexist, homphobic and xenophobic this country actually is. What does it take to be an American? It takes the ability to dismiss pretty much any fucked up, vile behavior if it provides some personal, particularly financial, benefit. We want what we want...we want it right now...and we want somebody else to pay for it.

I have a half brother, he's actually my half sister's half brother, but we consider ourselves to be brothers. He's a research professor at a Swedish University. Accomplished enough in his field to receive a yearly invitation from the Nobel Committee to submit nominations to the Committee for scientific awards. He's a Swedish citizen for many years now. We have had many conversations about the differences between our two countries, mostly related to health care, maternity leave, reproductive rights, and firearms ownership. But for right now im going to concentrate on the healthcare. Here in the USA, it's fucked. The most convenient, and affordable being Medicare with and insurance company supplement best healthcare, The care itself has been fine, but im pretty healthy, no heart disease, no cancer, no auto-immune disease, no high blood pressure. My insurance premiums are a little less than $6,000/year.

The Swedes dont have health insurance premiums. What they have is a higher income tax rate than we have, 10-20% higher based in income levels. We've discussed that as well. His answer? "So what? We don't care. Why? Because we don't have to worry about anything. Its all there just waiting for us to use it. And...we also don't have to worry about some asshole walking into a school, a theater, or a shopping mall and killing a dozen or more of us with an assault rifle."
Old 05-14-2023, 12:49 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I dunno. I think its an indication of just how racist, sexist, homphobic and xenophobic this country actually is. What does it take to be an American? It takes the ability to dismiss pretty much any fucked up, vile behavior if it provides some personal, particularly financial, benefit. We want what we want...we want it right now...and we want somebody else to pay for it.

I have a half brother, he's actually my half sister's half brother, but we consider ourselves to be brothers. He's a research professor at a Swedish University. Accomplished enough in his field to receive a yearly invitation from the Nobel Committee to submit nominations to the Committee for scientific awards. He's a Swedish citizen for many years now. We have had many conversations about the differences between our two countries, mostly related to health care, maternity leave, reproductive rights, and firearms ownership. But for right now im going to concentrate on the healthcare. Here in the USA, it's fucked. The most convenient, and affordable being Medicare with and insurance company supplement best healthcare, The care itself has been fine, but im pretty healthy, no heart disease, no cancer, no auto-immune disease, no high blood pressure. My insurance premiums are a little less than $6,000/year.

The Swedes dont have health insurance premiums. What they have is a higher income tax rate than we have, 10-20% higher based in income levels. We've discussed that as well. His answer? "So what? We don't care. Why? Because we don't have to worry about anything. Its all there just waiting for us to use it. And...we also don't have to worry about some asshole walking into a school, a theater, or a shopping mall and killing a dozen or more of us with an assault rifle."
There is literally no First World country anywhere where its residents would trade their healthcare system (or their gun laws) for ours.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
There is literally no First World country anywhere where its residents would trade their healthcare system (or their gun laws) for ours.
Or their reproductive rights, or their maternity leave, or their social safety net, or their centralized educational systems, or their freedom from eleven active aircraft carrier strike groups.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:22 PM

But we're Number One, right? We've got lots of these to prove it.

Last edited by RickeyM; 05-14-2023 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2023, 11:34 PM

Seems there was yet another mass shooting in new Mexico. Usual story, teenager turns 18, buys an AR-15 goes on a rampage first shooting at passing motorists killing three elderly women, Gwendolyn Schofield, 93; Melody Ivie, 73; and Shirley Voita, 79. Ivie was Schofield's daughter. Eventually drops the AR-15 an with two handguns walks into his neighborhood, police officers engage with him and shoots him dead. He also wounded a couple of officers before he was shot dead.

This happened this Monday, does not look like it got wider coverage until today. So routine these days that we take these incidents for granted. Three elderly women wasted by a kid who came of age, got an AR-15 (rite of passage now turning 18 instead of a DL?) and a death wish.

https://www.axios.com/2023/05/15/far...-mass-shooting
Old 05-21-2023, 07:43 PM

Shooting, 3 dead, Kansas City, MO.
Old 05-21-2023, 08:32 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Shooting, 3 dead, Kansas City, MO.
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Around 2:30 a.m. Sunday, Honystye Chancellor’s phone started blowing up with calls from close family and friends.

She couldn’t pick up one call without getting two more.

They said her stepfather, 41-year-old Jason McConnell, had been shot while working security at the Klymax Lounge at 4242 Indiana Ave.

Chancellor rushed to the scene, where crowds of police and clubgoers swarmed the area. She parked a few blocks away and ran to Klymax.

From clubgoers, Chancellor learned that her stepfather, who was working at the door that night, was one of three people killed in a shooting that also left two other people injured.

People in the crowd told her that local rapper Nutty Still Gassin’ had finished performing and was leaving the club when the shooting broke out.

Kansas City police have not identified any of the victims in the shooting. But people at the club knew McConnell because he was friendly and could talk to anyone, Chancellor said." KCStar
cont. - https://nordot.app/10331339493419097...22757532812385