Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:27 PM

Wall Street and Toys r Us

Looks like tough times ahead for many who are laid off.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/leticiamira...Xrp#.ocQ0GM0lq
Old 04-27-2018, 06:38 PM

Yes there may well be for them ahead, and other in local brick N mortar stores in general. Not only is wall street going in for a quick buck turn, also their are the workers replaced by a bot, technology or internet sales.

Barney
Old 04-27-2018, 06:53 PM

Very sad to see these places fold. Sears Holdings is like 7 billion in debt, not going to last that long as corporations are not selling to them now. Bye-bye Sears, Kmart, and OSH. My Sears is not worth going to. the OSH closest to me is long gone, and going to the Kmart I've been happily going to is a shell but they aren't as crowded as Wally World but have as good and often better.

Again, I have have 2 bad situations in the past few years giving them my business. I recommend to be cash and carry but CC only with these companies. Those 2 bad times I had to file with my CC company and even though they admitted they owed the money they did not pay the CC company, they just waited until the time expired to get a free loan. One was a car battery I did not order from Sears and even had proof and also a receipt for the actual battery I purchased at my Firestone.

The second, time for mailing xmas stuff was getting short so I ordered to pick up at Kmart and after 4 days I call the Kmart and said wtf, where's my stuff 2 hours turned into 4 days. The nice lady tried to find the order at the store and couldn't. Turned out Sears took the order, charged my CC card but did not give the order to the store. I had to buy elsewhere again. I am done with Sears Holding, I miss Sears Roebuck, and Kroger's Kmart. OSH not so much, had a really super local store I always gave my business to.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:12 AM

I have seen my own shopping habits change as I now use amazon for a lot of the things I need/want. I tend to only go out and shop at those specialty shops, typically locally owned. I do not miss the shopping mall experience at all.