Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
My manhood is quite safe, thanks. I don't subscribe to the definition of manhood that requires group-think, and use name-calling and hyperbole as debate tactics. I"ll leave that to man-bra wearing, latte sipping folks like you.
Always good for a hearty laugh! You rarely disappoint. What a rube!
Old 05-29-2018, 05:57 PM

Whell, for your protection from the Zika virus, get one of these:

Not to worry, your manhood is safe with us.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:34 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Trey Gowdy Debunks Spygate on Fox News

Outgoing Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), the House Oversight Committee Chairman and Trump supporter, said in an interview on Fox that the FBI was justified in using a secret informant to assist in the Russia investigation. Gowdy, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, attended a classified Justice Department briefing last week over the FBI’s use of the confidential source, identified as Stefan A. Halper.

“President Trump himself in the Comey memos said if anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it, and it sounds to me like that is exactly what the FBI did,” Gowdy told host Martha MacCallum. “I think when the president finds out what happened, he is going to be not just fine, he is going to be glad that we have an FBI that took seriously what they heard.”

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...gate-theories/

So, one of the guys behind Spygate now himself debunks it. And the Fox's Judge Napolitano adds:

(C)laims that the FBI placed an undercover spy on Trump’s campaign “seem to be baseless.”

“There is no evidence for that whatsoever,” Napolitano said. The fact that the FBI source spoke with “people on the periphery of the campaign,” he said, “is standard operating procedure in intelligence gathering and in criminal investigations.”

Last edited by finnbow; 05-30-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
You are the one who posted that the "FBI set up Papadopolous" by placing someone "inside the campaign." Neither are true (and you're the one playing semantics trying to cover for your bogus OP).
There's still much we don't know about what Stefan Halper did, and what motivated him to approach members of the Trump campaign. I don't buy the "informant" characterization, particularly given who Halper is.

The details of Halper’s work still are largely unknown. We know that the FBI carried out an investigation targeting Trump campaign officials with surveillance, document demands, and at least one informant. All of this was done through national security powers, where warrants are easily obtained and kept secret. We know this investigation began, at the latest, in July 2016 and that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act application was based in part on a dossier paid for by the Clinton campaign.

We also know that key Justice Department officials expressed hostile views of Trump in emails, and that key Justice Department officials have been subjects of demotions and one criminal referral. Does this mean the use of Halper was improper or that the investigation was conducted in bad faith? No. Yet, there is a legitimate reason for an investigation into, as Rosenstein instructed, whether “anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes,” adding “we need to know about it and take appropriate action.”

So, no, this has not been "debunked" or proven untrue. George P, among others, appears to have been targeted by Halper. Why? George P didn't plea to "collusion". He copped a plea to "lying to the FBI". So, why was he targeted?

It also it starting to look like whatever the FBI / Halper might have been after in targeting Papadopolous isn't going to be useful anyway. If so, Mueller and company destroyed the kid's life for nothing.

It's also possible that the filing is a sign that the investigation has progressed to the point that prosecutors have concluded Papadopoulos's testimony would not be useful in any future cases.

"It means they're pretty much done with him, or they don't need him testifying," said former federal prosecutor Sol Wisenberg. "It may mean they've taken a look at the others in the campaign and decided they cannot charge them, or they're going to charge them without him. ... It means things are moving along."

But, I'm sure it doesn't matter to you and your fellow Dems who gets destroyed in this process.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:00 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
There's still much we don't know about what Stefan Halper did, and what motivated him to approach members of the Trump campaign. I don't buy the "informant" characterization...
Trey Gowdy, Trump supporter, Nunes partner-in-crime, and House Oversight Committee chairman, saw the evidence relative to "Spygate" and personally debunked Trump's lie live on Fox News (see above). In your continuing efforts to verify your claim that an informant was placed "inside" the campaign to "set up" Papadopolous, you just continue to demonstrate that you're impervious to facts and logic and are eager to believe and defend any lie that Trump throws your way. Sad.

For a guy who frequently shrieks "fake news," you sure are quick to buy into the ridiculous conspiracy theories spewed forth by your Dear Leader. I'm anxious to hear your defense of Trump claims that Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya, Ted Cruz's father killed Kennedy, and Trump neither screwed nor paid off Stormy Daniels.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-30-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:47 AM

Amusing to watch Whell dig his hole deeper and deeper. Going to collapse on him!
Old 05-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Gowdy doubled-down on Trump's ridiculous conspiracy theory this morning on CBS:

“When the FBI comes into contact with information about what a foreign government may be doing in our election cycle, I think they have an obligation to run it out. I think the FBI, if they were at the table this morning, they would tell you that Russia was the target and Russia’s intentions toward our country were the target. The fact that two people who were loosely connected to the Trump campaign may have been involved doesn’t diminish the fact that Russia was the target and not the campaign. Undercover, informant, confidential informant — those are all words I’m familiar with. I’ve never heard the term spy used.”

Pretty soon, people like Whell will call the hero of the Benghazi hearings a RINO.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Trey Gowdy, Trump supporter, Nunes partner-in-crime, and House Oversight Committee chairman, saw the evidence relative to "Spygate" and personally debunked Trump's lie live on Fox News (see above).
No, they did not. Can't get past the WaPo pay wall to see your linked article from the transcript Gowdy confirmed the use of the "informant", and said that the FBI used the information as part of their investigation. Gowdy also said that if there's evidence that the use of the informant was inappropriate, it should be investigated, and Rod Rothstein as said the same.

We still know that the "informant" - Halper - started making contact with Trump campaign folks BEFORE the so-called FBI "collusion" investigation started. It still looks like the purpose of the informant was to plant information within the campaign (i.e., Papaopolous didn't have info about the Russians having Hillary's emails until he was "randomly" asked about them by Halper). And, of course, it now looks like Mueller is moving forward to "dispose" of Papadopolous because he's no longer of use to the investigation. In other words, Papadopolous doesn't know anything material to so called "collusion". So, Papadopolous never had any credible info about the Russians had Clinton's emails to start with.

But, hey, if you're going to take Gowdy's word as gospel, here are some of his other comments from the transcript:

Schiff said he had evidence of collusion before we even began the investigation, and 60 Democrats have voted to impeach him before Bob Mueller has come up with a single solitary finding.

Gowdy's description of Schiff....sounds like Gowdy could be taling about you too.

Last edited by whell; 05-30-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:02 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
No, they did not. Can't get past the WaPo pay wall to see your linked article from the transcript Gowdy confirmed the use of the "informant", and said that the FBI used the information as part of their investigation. Gowdy also said that if there's evidence that the use of the informant was inappropriate, it should be investigated, and Rod Rothstein as said the same.

We still know that the "informant" - Halper - started making contact with Trump campaign folks BEFORE the so-called FBI "collusion" investigation started. It still looks like the purpose of the informant was to plant information within the campaign (i.e., Papaopolous didn't have info about the Russians having Hillary's emails until he was "randomly" asked about them by Halper). And, of course, it now looks like Mueller is moving forward to "dispose" of Papadopolous because he's no longer of use to the investigation. In other words, Papadopolous doesn't know anything material to so called "collusion". So, Papadopolous never had any credible info about the Russians had Clinton's emails to start with.

But, hey, if you're going to take Gowdy's word as gospel, here are some of his other comments from the transcript:

Schiff said he had evidence of collusion before we even began the investigation, and 60 Democrats have voted to impeach him before Bob Mueller has come up with a single solitary finding.

Gowdy's description of Schiff....sounds like Gowdy could be taling about you too.
You're too full of shit to even warrant a response.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
You're too full of shit to even warrant a response.
So that's how you respond when facts overwhelm your talking points. Hilarious!!