Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:59 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

These people simply reflect the views of the majority of their viewers. And you don't have to be a liberal to be capable of rational thought. Personally, I think the distaste that most liberals have for Rush and Fox is because they don't want a forum with views that are contrary to their own.

And one more original thought. The Fourth Estate has always been bias and manipulative. And after watching ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...right on down the line, I don't see where Fox has a monopoly on propaganda.
If you want to believe you will believe.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
If you want to believe you will believe.
Perception trumps reality every time.

Chas
Old 09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Perception trumps reality every time.

Chas
Very true and the topic for a much more interesting debate than this political stuff. IMHO of course.
This is a much discussed topic in audio, as you know.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I don't think Reagan and Bush did it quite like this.

Now I have an original thought. If Rush, Beck, Fox, etc. changed their commentary to where the majority of their viewers disagreed with them, well, their ratings would be falling faster than Obama's and the Democrat's.

These people simply reflect the views of the majority of their viewers. And you don't have to be a liberal to be capable of rational thought. Personally, I think the distaste that most liberals have for Rush and Fox is because they don't want a forum with views that are contrary to their own.

And one more original thought. The Fourth Estate has always been bias and manipulative. And after watching ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN...right on down the line, I don't see where Fox has a monopoly on propaganda.

Chas

An interesting read for both political parties. http://www.memeorandum.com/090903/p71#a090903p71

Last edited by painter; 09-04-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=wajobu;4974]I
I'm going to say it loud and say it clear, you guys can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House--get over it.

i wish it was that simple. it would be so easy to dismiss him for being black but its not that simple.the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman. his days as the democrats golden child have ended even quicker than clintons.

the children who elected him are all that is left and this is a panicked grab to influence the young to worship him.

the voters in america are waking up. there wont be a second term and he and his cronies know it. my fear is that our childern will be the ones who eventualy are going to pay for the price of his arrogance and lust for fame
Old 09-04-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman.
We were talking about Obama, not Bush.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
i wish it was that simple. it would be so easy to dismiss him for being black but its not that simple.the president has come to belive in the cult of his own personality. he is not a leader nor a statesman.
The Clinton's ended because we have a law that a person may only hold the highest office two terms.

Quote:
the children who elected him are all that is left and this is a panicked grab to influence the young to worship him.
The "children" that elected him (those credited for pushing him over the top) were the educated suburban voter.

Quote:
the voters in America are waking up. there wont be a second term and he and his cronies know it.
Crystal ball?

[/QUOTE]
my fear is that our children will be the ones who eventually are going to pay for the price of his arrogance and lust for fame[/QUOTE]

I thought you choose not to have children, in fact aren't you furious that you have to pay for children's education? LOL, sorry but you fit the typical right wing stereotype.

Last edited by noonereal; 09-04-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:47 AM

[/QUOTE]I thought you choose not to have children, in fact aren't you furious that you have to pay for children's education? LOL, sorry but you fit the typical right wing stereotype.[/QUOTE]

I'm furious that I have to pay and pay and pay for educating other peoples children. Even when we chose to homeschool #2 son, no tax credit or reduction from a government that was handing out vouchers for people to place their kids in private schools. Get government out of education, then there is no worry about brainwashing.

Could you send me a checklist for that typical right wing stereotype thing, I want to see if I fit, or do you need to be an official liberal to bestow that title on someone?

Gotta say, let him address the kids. If you have concern that some bobblehead on the screen can influence your children, maybe you need to spend more time with them.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spasmo55 View Post

Quote:
I'm furious that I have to pay and pay and pay for educating other peoples children.
That is what a sociaty does, from the smallest to the largest.

Quote:
Even when we chose to homeschool #2 son, no tax credit or reduction from a government that was handing out vouchers for people to place their kids in private schools.

Maybe you should be thankful that you have this option. I doubt it is available in most countries.

Quote:
Get government out of education, then there is no worry about brainwashing.
I have heard that Thorazine can help this.

Quote:
Could you send me a checklist for that typical right wing stereotype thing, I want to see if I fit, or do you need to be an official liberal to bestow that title on someone?
I would not be concerned, you seem to be a perfect fit you don't need a checklist.

Gotta say, let him address the kids. If you have concern that some bobblehead on the screen can influence your children, maybe you need to spend more time with them.

We agree.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 PM

Whats going on with Obama's people? First they will...then they don't (whatever the plan). How are WE supposed to feel secure with him as President when he has no vision to know what society will or won't accept?

Some might think THEY want him to fail. Dunno