Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:23 PM

Actualy you can retool those compresion chambers and make some of those puppies pretty lethal
Old 03-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
You're a great shot. I suck with this thing. It's way more gun than I'm shooter, but I'm being told the tune & Vortek kit will settle it down. I'm shocked at what a springer can do.
In hindsight, I should have bought a model 34.
Here's a link you may find useful in getting better accuracy from your gun.

http://www.airgundepot.com/how-to-ge...t-article.html
Old 03-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
My rifle is an older and very pretty Remington 700 ADL with a walnut stock and a 3-9 Vari-XII Leopold scope.

Actually, I bowhunt far more than I hunt with any other weapon. I've killed well over 50 deer with a bow in the past 25 years. I also make all my own arrows (Easton 2413's) and use 100 grain Thunderheads for my broadhead. We have an amazing number of deer around here. You're allowed 6 bucks (2 bucks each with bow, muzzleloader and modern firearm) and unlimited does with all weapons. When my sons were still in the house, we'd frequently kill up to a dozen a year and give away a lot of meat. Now, I shoot one or two with a bow during the rut (early November) and that's about it.
Shit in California your lucky to get one a year. You see deer were you can't hunt and were you can nothing. lol. I never got one with a bow and only ever had one opportunity out of a dozen trips. I have an older Oneida Screaming Eagle Bow. My ex's father got me into the bows his hunting partner owned a local store. They used to fly to Alaska and hunt everything available. He had two record Moos back in the day that have been surpassed. He must have passed away by now.

It looks like hunting is not that difficult were you live. By that I mean the getting there and actually finding a good location. An area that they're not all spooked with another 50 hunters. That's why it's so hard here. A long drive to were you need too get hoping no one else is around in the limited space thats offered in this state. Or you get to your favorite spot and all you see is mountain lion tracks.

Last edited by 4-2-7; 03-19-2014 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Admin

You need to find a friend who can get you on Ft. Hunter Liggett Dan. I've seen an elk rack taken by bow there that would blow your mind. It ain't cheap according to my neighbor.
http://www.liggett.army.mil/sites/fishhunt/update.asp
Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here's a link you may find useful in getting better accuracy from your gun.

http://www.airgundepot.com/how-to-ge...t-article.html
Cool article. I've got to get serious & practice more.
I just bought a case off eBay so I can take it with me down to my property. It wasn't easy finding a used (cheap), but clean soft case for a non-scoped 48" rifle.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Not that I'm a shooter but I do have a fascination with older firearms. I've had one of Buffalo Bill Cody's trick Winchesters in my grubby liberal paws and one of those octagonal barreled guide Winchesters. Big sumbitch that fires the same round as a Gatling. Too bad the guy I know won't let me fire the Gatling he has...
That's a 45 70 round

Meaning a very big 45 caliber slug and a cartridge that holds 70 grains of power.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Gas piston rifles are now the new big thing, taking over from springers it seems.
I have noticed that as well but at least with springers their consistent. At least that's what I would be worried about with gas.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
I have noticed that as well but at least with springers their consistent. At least that's what I would be worried about with gas.
This thing is one bad boy! I'm not sure what it is priced at, but I know it's more than I'm gonna pay for a BB gun.
I would love one though.
http://www.diana-airguns.de/index.ph...133&height=850
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
It looks like hunting is not that difficult were you live. By that I mean the getting there and actually finding a good location. An area that they're not all spooked with another 50 hunters. That's why it's so hard here. A long drive to were you need too get hoping no one else is around in the limited space thats offered in this state. Or you get to your favorite spot and all you see is mountain lion tracks.
I bowhunt about 150 yards behind my house where I keep two hang-on treestands. My community owns about 70 acres of woodland that adjoins another ~200 acres. One neighbor and I are the only guys who even go into these woods for any reason. I can decide to do a quick hunt an hour before dark and be dressed and in my stand in 5 minutes. This is part of the reason that I've mostly given up on gun hunting. For that, I need to drive 15 minutes. Too far.
Admin

Quote:
That's a 45 70 round

Meaning a very big 45 caliber slug and a cartridge that holds 70 grains of power.
Ayup. If you dig around the Off Topic forum there's a thread about it. Beautiful gun and stock.

Last edited by bobabode; 03-19-2014 at 09:54 PM.