Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I've always been a GM fan. One of the best automobiles we've owned was a 97 Bonneville. Alternator & brakes were the only repairs out to 150K. The tires on it had 70-80K on them, and looked like they would go another 20. Everything about that car was as right as rain. Then my wife hit one of the "Kings" deer and totaled it out. I was mighty proud she was driving that big chunk of Detroit Iron at the time.

My 95 Silverado 1 ton 4WD is about the same way. Did have to put an AC compressor on it this year, and fix some rust in the cab corners. Then again, it's hard to wear out a 1 ton pickup. And I've owned it since the Earth cooled.

Currently, my wife drives a 04 Vibe. Like driving a go cart, and I'll admit, I hate being seen in the little slanty eyed death trap...even before she put a pink plastic daisy on the antenna.

But I will also admit, after 95K I've yet to spend a nickel on repairs. No brakes, alternators, starters, mufflers, not even a light bulb. So far, this has been the most dependable vehicle that we've ever owned. By far. Good gas mileage, but not that much better than the Bonneville, or the LeSabre she owned interm.

By the way, Merrylander, we may be a bunch of sore losers, but there's no need for you to be a sore winner. Hell, we're just doing what losers do, bitch and moan, maybe even bring up a valid point from time to time. No need to rub salt in the wound.

I'm OK, you're OK, we're all OK, so...

Have a good evening,
Chas

It's difficult not to connect the dots with the economy and agenda's set forth.
I agree with you Charles.

Last edited by painter; 06-02-2009 at 05:58 PM.