lock and load, lets roll.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetJack View Post
We should rise up and evict them all from power and start over. Well I take
that back, I'm starting to like this obama feller. He came out tonight and
said he was sending 30,000 more troups after Bin Ladens head. Damn right,
lock and load, lets roll.
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on it. I was in favor of the mission in Afghanistan but got pretty put off of the whole thing when it became clear that catching OBL wasn't much of a priority. I thought I knew why we were there, but it got pretty cloudy for a while.

We'll give it a shot and see what happens. I bashed Bush pretty hard for the "surge" but I'll be damned if it didn't work. I was wrong on that one. Probably against it because I was against the whole Iraq thing from the get go. Tell you what though, in 18 months- if we ain't starting to wind that thing down there's going to be hell to pay.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Area Man

Would somebody just answer the &%$@# question?

Eddie, they succeeded in distracting you.

DAMNIT SON, FOCUS!

Now, I'm gonna have a beer and go to bed.

You idiots are giving me a headache.

Dave
Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Eddie, they succeeded in distracting you.

DAMNIT SON, FOCUS!
Quite right. Sorry. Back to the matter at hand...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Resident octogenarian

The matter at hand is really simple, like finnbow wrote they are just a bunch of angry wingnuts with no real ideas. If you collected the whole damn crew that showed up in DC I doubt that they had a collective IQ of 50. Lots of Cut this, cut that, don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that man behind the tree.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
The matter at hand is really simple, like finnbow wrote they are just a bunch of angry wingnuts with no real ideas. If you collected the whole damn crew that showed up in DC I doubt that they had a collective IQ of 50. Lots of Cut this, cut that, don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that man behind the tree.
I disagree.

I see them as a collection of people who have legitimate concerns about the direction of the government. Perhaps unorganized and without a platform at the moment, but hardly a collection of dolts.

But I will admit, the one's who agree to a sound bite aren't as smooth as our practiced masters.

Chas
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I disagree.

I see them as a collection of people who have legitimate concerns about the direction of the government. Perhaps unorganized and without a platform at the moment, but hardly a collection of dolts.

But I will admit, the one's who agree to a sound bite aren't as smooth as our practiced masters.

Chas
While they may have legitimate concerns (and this is arguable), if they cannot articulate them in a cogent and convincing fashion, they will continue to be perceived as a bunch of "dolts." Any legitimate concerns are lost within their "Obama is a Kenyan/Muslim/Indonesian/terrorist/Nazi/communist/terrorist" and death panel silliness.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I disagree.

Hey, Chas -

You clearly have a perspective on and knowledge of these people that I don't. Would you mind giving me a rundown on what some of those concerns might be?

Every day, it seems, a new Tea Party candidate appears, either to challenge an incumbent Republican or to run as a third party candidate. I can't even figure what these people are running on beyond allegiance to Glenn Beck.

You've got one in your neck of the woods. A former aide to Dick Armey, Liz Lauber, wants to unseat Todd Akin in Missouri's 2nd District. Her entire platform seems to be about reducing taxes.

John
Old 12-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Hey, Chas -

You clearly have a perspective on and knowledge of these people that I don't. Would you mind giving me a rundown on what some of those concerns might be?

Every day, it seems, a new Tea Party candidate appears, either to challenge an incumbent Republican or to run as a third party candidate. I can't even figure what these people are running on beyond allegiance to Glenn Beck.

You've got one in your neck of the woods. A former aide to Dick Armey, Liz Lauber, wants to unseat Todd Akin in Missouri's 2nd District. Her entire platform seems to be about reducing taxes.

John
In Nashville ( Music City ), about two months from now, the First National Tea-Party will be held. Palin will be there, and tickets are only 549.00.

I'd be seated myself, but thats a shitload of dough to a hillbilly.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
In Nashville ( Music City ), about two months from now, the First National Tea-Party will be held. Palin will be there, and tickets are only 549.00.

I'd be seated myself, but thats a shitload of dough to a hillbilly.
It's a shitload of money alright. I can't see spending that much to go see any politician. It'll be interesting to see how many people attend at those prices.

John