Economy: D+5
Gun policy: D+5
Immigration: D+4
Nat'l Security: Even

Politico/Morning Consult, Apr. 2-4

1:03 PM · Apr 14, 2021·Twitter Web App
Old 06-01-2021, 10:35 PM

Cliff Levy @cliffordlevy

Breaking: In a special election, Democrats hold a U.S. House seat in New Mexico, where Republicans sought to make rising crime a major issue.
Melanie Stansbury, an environmental policy expert, emphasized economic fairness, the urgency of addressing climate change and the importance of Democrats’ retaining their narrow House majority.

Melanie Stansbury, a Democrat, Wins House Race in New Mexico
nytimes.com

7:12 PM · Jun 1, 2021·TweetDeck

———————

Outstanding! Now just waiting for disgusting Repubes to call it “cheating”.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:04 AM

Angry and now from the Republican wing of the Democratic party...

That'd be Joe Manchin. That's how I see him.

https://apnews.com/article/donald-tr...37c01c4cfdfb0f

Quote:
“Voting and election reform that is done in a partisan manner will all but ensure partisan divisions continue to deepen,″ Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia wrote in a home-state newspaper, the Charleston Gazette-Mail.

He said that failure to bring together both parties on voting legislation would “risk further dividing and destroying the republic we swore to protect and defend as elected officials.”
This guy is pissin me off. The overwhelming majority of Repubs in Congress have signed onto the big lie. The Repub leader, McConnel, has come out and said he'll do everything he can to stop Biden's agenda. You can't get a more partisan divide than that. The Repubs in Congress are not operating in good faith. The Repubs don't want bipartisanship they want to run the show. Even moderate Democrats are starting to realize this. If significant parts of Biden's agenda don't get passed the odds of Repubs gaining control in 2022 and beyond rises significantly. So I'm beginning to wonder. Is Manchin counting on the Repubs gaining control and thus carving out a safe spot for himself?
Old 06-06-2021, 01:52 PM
Admin

Democrats need to win a another senate seat (or three) next year, that way Joe Manchin can do his thing for West by God Virginny and Kristen Sinema can do hers in Arizona. I'm hoping there's more of that secret sauce that gave us Georgia and Arizona in '20.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Why does this guy Manchin keep saying we, the Democrats, need to hold out for bipartisanship when the GQP is up front and out loud saying they want no part of it. I smell a rat.
Old 06-07-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Why does this guy Manchin keep saying we, the Democrats, need to hold out for bipartisanship when the GQP is up front and out loud saying they want no part of it. I smell a rat.
What is sad for he is the best the Dems can hope for out of WVa..
Old 06-07-2021, 10:39 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
What is sad for he is the best the Dems can hope for out of WVa..
True dat. If the WV Democrats primaried him with someone more liberal, the new candidate would get trounced. Manchin is as good as it gets for Democrats in WV.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:48 PM

As bobabode said the Democrats need to win a another senate seat (or three) next year. We, the Democrats need to treat the next election as a ELA event. If the GQP gets it's way were done for. Traitor Manchin partly repeated the quote "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". Nobody that's been paying attention doubts that that's what the GQP is out for. Is Manchin too blind to see this? Methinks not. The Repubs in office, with a few exceptions, seem only concerned with staying in office. Has Manchin become like them?

Last edited by RickeyM; 06-07-2021 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:19 PM

The Democrats need to get a better message out.

As examples, the Repulsive party has been very effective in painting the Dems as baby killers who want to allow in any and all, to then give them your money. Eliminate police departments along with taking your guns away.

When it truth most Dems see abortion as an ugly truth. Women will seek it out. I defer to letting they that get pregnant figure and have the final say. Immigration after all is our countries history. On the current influx of immigrants, humanely treatment. Sending them back. Stopping the mass migration in the process now. Calling out the Army to guard and transport if need be.

Police should be controlled better. Not as it seems now, little oversight apparent immunity. More independent local citizen oversight and input. Guns are here just should be tighter controls on the owners. Background checks and permits. All sales need to be controlled and recorded. Face it as long as there are free elections the guns will stay around.

Last edited by Oerets; 06-07-2021 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:07 PM

The Democrats had better get a better message out. Control the narrative. Put the Repubs on defense. Lord knows they've got a lot to defend. Playing nice gets your ass kicked.