Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
OK, I will get change it.
Uh oh...
Old 03-25-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
That's a 45 70 round

Meaning a very big 45 caliber slug and a cartridge that holds 70 grains of power.
They look like a good size lipstick. You can watch the round thru the sights travel downrange to deal with anything in it's path in a most impressive manner, mere paper is such a waste to that much kinetic force.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga;
Just wondering, do any of you shoot air rifles? I really enjoy shooting my RWS Magnum 350 in .22 cal. I'm finally going to send it off for a Vortek kit & full tune.
I know, it's a BB gun, but it's fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I have a Gamo 1000 fps .177 (can't remember the model. It has a synthetic stock and a Bushnell 3-9x airgun scope) as well as a Webley Tempest air pistol. In the rifle, pellet choice sure makes a difference. Mine shoots far better with RWS Meisterkugeln than with any other. With these pellets, it can shoot a dime size group at 20 yards if I do my part (sometimes smaller). With other pellets, the group size can go up to ~1.5".
I have a Russ Best'ed RWS-45 side-lever 3-ball sear .22 cal in a nice walnut Tyrolean stock with a Macarri scope that deserves a lot more attention than I've given it lately. Also the FWB 300S Mini that is one incredibly sweet shooter misses me. I have shot the FWB 124 sport recently, just yesterday, another sweetie that makes me better than I am. I owe Grumpy Dave some NF airguns I just can't get myself to part with yet, couple of HWs and a Webley. Also have too many air pistols to mention incl my Dad's 60-odd year old Hy-Score Concentric .177 cal.

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-25-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I have a Russ Best'ed RWS-45 side-lever 3-ball sear .22 cal in a nice walnut Tyrolean stock with a Macarri scope that deserves a lot more attention than I've given it lately. Also the FWB 300S Mini that is one incredibly sweet shooter misses me. I have shot the FWB 124 sport recently, just yesterday, another sweetie that makes me better than I am. I owe Grumpy Dave some NF airguns I just can't get myself to part with yet, couple of HWs and a Webley. Also have too many air pistols to mention incl my Dad's 60-odd year old Hy-Score Concentric .177 cal.
We have a couple of CO2 powered 6mm pistols, one is like a Colt 1911 the other looks like a Beretta Cheetah. They started out to be paintball weapons but with a muzzle velocity in excess of 500fps they are capable of drawing blood so it is recommended they only be used for target. They sure do get the attention of the white tailed lawn rats.

I also have a .177 CO2 powered pistol modelled after the Colt long barreled revolver. One dat three turkey buzzards landed on the main roof. Did not want them bothering the kitties so I chased them off with that using mushroom pellets The barrel is rifled so it is pretty accurate.

Last edited by merrylander; 03-25-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
We have a couple of CO2 powered 6mm pistols, one is like a Colt 1911 the other looks like a Beretta Cheetah. They started out to be paintball weapons but with a muzzle velocity in excess of 500fps they are capable of drawing blood so it is recommended they only be used for target. They sure do get the attention of the white tailed lawn rats.

I also have a .177 CO2 powered pistol modelled after the Colt long barreled revolver. One dat three turkey buzzards landed on the main roof. Did not want them bothering the kitties so I chased them off with tha usinh mushroom pellets The barrell is rifled so it is pretty accurate.
A very relaxing past-time, pellets keep costs down and make it a back-yard-friendly activity for most with a proper trap backdrop in place.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM

Can one of my fellow airgunners tell be what happened with Russell Best? Go to PM if necessary, I forgot my login at the Yellow Forum as it's been years since I was active there.
TIA!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:54 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I've been in an arbitration the last couple of days, and Sheriff Joe came up as an example of what politicians can get away with when their employees do not have representation.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-25-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
While you're changing things, you might want to dump the Arpaio bullshit in your signature. After what Pio told us about his family tragedy, I'd say the sentiment you're expressing is totally inappropriate.

John
Old 03-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
While you're changing things, you might want to dump the Arpaio bullshit in your signature. After what Pio told us about his family tragedy, I'd say the sentiment you're expressing is totally inappropriate.

John
No it's not inappropriate at all, it's just your opinion. I do see where your coming from but your asking to quell his speech.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Works for me.

Le the gun nuts have their circle jerk in a separate place where they won't annoy the sane people.
Exchange the word "gun" with the word "politics" and you have the reason why this board was created. Although, I wouldn't really call what goes on with "audio" nuts "sane" either.

Dave