Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Hell, I'm just a nailpounding construction puke and it was obvious to me. Pour jet fuel all over structural steel after blowing off the fireproofing and it turns to taffy.
Yep. Furthermore, the planes hit a number of floors below the top of the building. As the heated steel yielded on these floors, all the weight above it comes crashing down with impact forces which domino as the weight of more and more collapsed floors have to be borne by the steel below it.

This phenomena is somewhat akin to the 1987 L'Ambiance Plaza collapse in Bridgeport, CT. I was involved in reviewing the forensic engineering analysis of this catastrophe and drafting the Federal regulations to prevent recurrence.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yep. Furthermore, the planes hit a number of floors below the top of the building. As the heated steel yielded on these floors, all the weight above it comes crashing down with impact forces which domino as the weight of more and more collapsed floors have to be borne by the steel below it.

This phenomena is somewhat akin to the 1987 L'Ambiance Plaza collapse in Bridgeport, CT. I was involved in reviewing the forensic engineering analysis of this catastrophe and drafting the Federal regulations to prevent recurrence.
The jet that hit the North Tower flew in perpendicular to the tower's northeast face, and impacted around the center of the 95th floor, producing an impact gash that extended from the 92nd to the 98th floor. Most of the plane apparently lodged in the tower's core structure, the only piece of aircraft to emerge from the opposite side being a dense piece of landing gear. The burning jet fuel, atomized on impact, spilled out of the impact gash and through broken windows on the southeast side.

In contrast, the jet that hit the South Tower, 18 minutes later, veered to the right just before impact and hit the rightmost third of the tower's southwest wall, producing an impact gash that extended from the 78th to the 94th floor.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM

"News reports emphasized that the transcontinental flights were fully loaded with fuel, while later government reports stated that the 767s were carrying about 10,000 of their 24,000-gallon capacity, and that most of the jet fuel likely burned off within five minutes. "

Thyere were still fires burning below ground for 2 1/2 months after the hijacking as the demolition crews were still getting burned by molten steel and molten concrete.

Last edited by Samm; 02-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
"News reports emphasized that the transcontinental flights were fully loaded with fuel, while later government reports stated that the 767s were carrying about 10,000 of their 24,000-gallon capacity, and that most of the jet fuel likely burned off within five minutes. "

Thyere were still fires burning below ground for 2 1/2 months after the hijacking as the demolition crews were still getting burned by molten steel and molten concrete.

The sheer tonnage of material compressing into the footprint of the towers bathtubs from 1000 feet would have heated said material to blast furnace temps. Just an uneducated guess.

Sorry, but I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories surrounding the 9/11 attacks. None that I've seen pass muster. If that makes me a gullible ignoramus, so be it. Thanks for posting this in the appropriate forum at least.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
The sheer tonnage of material compressing into the footprint of the towers bathtubs from 1000 feet would have heated said material to blast furnace temps. Just an uneducated guess.

Sorry, but I'm not buying into the conspiracy theories surrounding the 9/11 attacks. None that I've seen pass muster. If that makes me a gullible ignoramus, so be it. Thanks for posting this in the appropriate forum at least.
You are very welcome. Have a good evening.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
It's only 2 pm out here on the left coast so it's still early. Welcome to AK's insane asylum, btw.

Which part of the country to you hail from? New Yawk?
Old 02-25-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
I have often wondered too why we attacked Afganistan and Yemen after the attack since it was proven that the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia?
I was down in Panama a couple years ago speaking to a local Universidad student and he started laughing during the conversation. I asked why he was laughing and he stated "that Norte Americana's are the only ones who don't know the whole story is bs."
He went on to say (laughingly) "Then what do you guys do? You prosecute a guy who once drove for Bin Laden named Salim Hamdan". He asked "what will you people do next prosecute his dentist or his barber?"
Anywhere that I have been outside the US they don't buy the NIST story.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Admin

Quote:
I have often wondered too why we attacked Afganistan and Yemen after the attack since it was proven that the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia?
I was down in Panama a couple years ago speaking to a local Universidad student and he started laughing during the conversation. I asked why he was laughing and he stated "that Norte Americana's are the only ones who don't know the whole story is bs."
He went on to say (laughingly) "Then what do you guys do? You prosecute a guy who once drove for Bin Laden named Salim Hamdan". He asked "what will you people do next prosecute his dentist or his barber?"
Anywhere that I have been outside the US they don't buy the NIST story.
Some on the left will tell you it is because the Bushites were in bed with the Saudi royals and OPEC. Sounds plausible but there is no doubt that once Bin Laden was chased out of Africa, he settled on Afghanistan as his base of operations, hence the Afghanny war. Too bad he was missed at Tora Bora and made his way into Pakistan but we got him finally.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
There are easy answers to this that have nothing to do with conspiracy. OBL and his cohorts trained and planned for 9/11 in Afghanistan, where they also sought refuge after the attack. The Taliban, their patrons, refused to turn them over to us after the attack. As for Yemen, the 2000 USS Cole attack prompted the first drone attack there in November 2002. Our attacks since then have been limited to drone strikes against AQAP.

The real question is why we attacked Iraq.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Rather than buying into some silly Italian conspiracy theory, read the NIST report. If you don't have the time to read the whole thing, read pp. 47-49. While you're at it, read the list of distinguished and accomplished people who contributed to the report in the preface. It's completely ridiculous to assert that hundreds of trained and experienced structural and fire protection engineers were part of some sort of conspiracy. That's why most conspiracy theories fall apart - far too many people would need to be involved and remain quite in perpetuity in a city (Washington) full of loose lips.

http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=861610