Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-05-2016, 04:13 PM
bobabode's Avatar
bobabode bobabode is online now
Just Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Behind the Orange Curtain in California
Posts: 32,134
'Americans Are Finally Returning To The Workforce'

"Itís happening. The improving job market is drawing Americans back into the labor force.

The U.S. labor force grew by 555,000 people in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday. It was the biggest one-month increase in more than a year and, more importantly, was the fifth straight increase, the longest such streak since the recession began more than eight years ago. The labor force participation rate ó the share of the adult population thatís either working or actively looking for work ó rose two-tenths of a percentage point to 62.9 percent, its highest level in over a year."
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/march-jobs-report/

This on top of 65 straight months of positive private sector job growth and a 4.9 unemployment rate exposes the lie that the "Obama-conomy' is a failure.
__________________
I am not a member of any organized political party.
I am a Democrat.' Will Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Tom Joad Tom Joad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 12,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Itís happening. The improving job market is drawing Americans back into the labor force.

The U.S. labor force grew by 555,000 people in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday. It was the biggest one-month increase in more than a year and, more importantly, was the fifth straight increase, the longest such streak since the recession began more than eight years ago. The labor force participation rate ó the share of the adult population thatís either working or actively looking for work ó rose two-tenths of a percentage point to 62.9 percent, its highest level in over a year."
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/march-jobs-report/

This on top of 65 straight months of positive private sector job growth and a 4.9 unemployment rate exposes the lie that the "Obama-conomy' is a failure.
As long as over half of all new income keeps going to the top 1% the economy sucks. What good are jobs when you need three of them just to survive?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Mr. Lin's Avatar
Mr. Lin Mr. Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 273
What about stagnant wages, horrendous wealth inequality, the war on organized labor, etc.? I give Obama credit for fixing some of the catastrophe W. left us, but the system is still very much broken. Time for some major changes, but it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2016, 02:11 PM
VanishingPoi VanishingPoi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Itís happening. The improving job market is drawing Americans back into the labor force.

The U.S. labor force grew by 555,000 people in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday. It was the biggest one-month increase in more than a year and, more importantly, was the fifth straight increase, the longest such streak since the recession began more than eight years ago. The labor force participation rate ó the share of the adult population thatís either working or actively looking for work ó rose two-tenths of a percentage point to 62.9 percent, its highest level in over a year."
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/march-jobs-report/

This on top of 65 straight months of positive private sector job growth and a 4.9 unemployment rate exposes the lie that the "Obama-conomy' is a failure.
I wonder what kind of jobs those would be. Restaurants open and close every day.
__________________
"Man is born to be free - and everywhere in chains!" -Rousseau
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-19-2016, 06:08 PM
68custom's Avatar
68custom 68custom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 831
there is a big window manufacturer near me that will require you work at least 60 hours a week, and I mean nonstop every second work with 2-10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. they will charge you $8 for 50 cents worth of lettuce (salad)and they have their own DRs office like a work camp! you will also be expected to lift 150 pounds repeatedly all day long. people there think they are lucky cause those SOBs are paying them $10 an hour. I did it for 3 weeks before I told em to go to hell. as a union job this would be a $20 dollar an hour job or more easily. did I mention that recently some Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of said company? Obama's helped but the economy is still kinda shitty for regular folks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-19-2016, 06:51 PM
MrPots MrPots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,505
Sound exactly like the Chinese factory model.
__________________
It occurs to me that republicans seem to view black, Mexican, LGBT, Muslims and poor people in the same light as Nazi Germans once viewed Jewish people. We must be vigilant that it goes no further.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2016, 07:02 PM
68custom's Avatar
68custom 68custom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Sound exactly like the Chinese factory model.
you must mean work them till they fall out. then replace them?
BTW an upper tier managers name is no kidding, Monty Burns! who is the bad guy on the 'Simpsons' cartoon!

Last edited by 68custom; 03-19-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Pio1980's Avatar
Pio1980 Pio1980 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: NE Bamastan
Posts: 7,924
Industrial feudalism, the regressives' dream goal. And they keep voting for their rapists.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-19-2016, 07:53 PM
BlueStreak's Avatar
BlueStreak BlueStreak is offline
Area Man
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Swamp
Posts: 26,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
As long as over half of all new income keeps going to the top 1% the economy sucks. What good are jobs when you need three of them just to survive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lin View Post
What about stagnant wages, horrendous wealth inequality, the war on organized labor, etc.? I give Obama credit for fixing some of the catastrophe W. left us, but the system is still very much broken. Time for some major changes, but it looks like that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanishingPoi View Post
I wonder what kind of jobs those would be. Restaurants open and close every day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
there is a big window manufacturer near me that will require you work at least 60 hours a week, and I mean nonstop every second work with 2-10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. they will charge you $8 for 50 cents worth of lettuce (salad)and they have their own DRs office like a work camp! you will also be expected to lift 150 pounds repeatedly all day long. people there think they are lucky cause those SOBs are paying them $10 an hour. I did it for 3 weeks before I told em to go to hell. as a union job this would be a $20 dollar an hour job or more easily. did I mention that recently some Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of said company? Obama's helped but the economy is still kinda shitty for regular folks.
This is the rub. And, I am sick and f**king tired of hearing how Trump is going to fix it.......

NO, HE IS NOT. If the comments that bastard made in Detroit last year didn't show you exactly what he is, you're hopeless. Anyone who could look around at that mess and comment that it makes sense as a "business strategy" to deliberately starve a city or a state until they submit is a tyrant. Plain and simple.
__________________
"When the lie is so big and the fog so thick, the Republican trick can play out again....."-------Frank Zappa
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-2016, 09:56 AM
MrPots MrPots is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
This is the rub. And, I am sick and f**king tired of hearing how Trump is going to fix it.......

NO, HE IS NOT. If the comments that bastard made in Detroit last year didn't show you exactly what he is, you're hopeless. Anyone who could look around at that mess and comment that it makes sense as a "business strategy" to deliberately starve a city or a state until they submit is a tyrant. Plain and simple.
The only one who wants to fix it is Bernie.

If Bernie cannot fix it, then Trump will tear it down and lay the foundation bare for the next president to fix it.

(Hillary is just more of the same old shit)

Regarding : "it makes sense as a "business strategy" to deliberately starve a city or a state until they submit "; that has been the american business model towards the american blue collar worker for four decades now. Starve them until they submit....
__________________
It occurs to me that republicans seem to view black, Mexican, LGBT, Muslims and poor people in the same light as Nazi Germans once viewed Jewish people. We must be vigilant that it goes no further.

Last edited by MrPots; 03-20-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.