Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Economy

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:20 AM
Admin

California Overtakes the UK

We're the fifth largest economy on the planet. Wait! Whut? I thought we were shedding citizens and their money like a stampede? I guess those pissants at Fux News had it all wrong...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...504-story.html
Old 05-05-2018, 08:02 AM

"I think Governor Brown has done a very poor job running California," Trump told reporters after touring border wall prototypes in Otay Mesa. "They have the highest taxes in the United States. The place is totally out of control.“

Donny comes to our fine state and disrespects it and our great governor. He’s the one out of control. It was just a couple of years ago that we surpassed France for 6th place. Per the article, virtually all the growth has taken place in Blue areas. Red areas have contributed nothing.

Donny and his idiot, fact-free sycophants are an embarrassment.

Last edited by Chicks; 05-05-2018 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Ready

It must be noted that it's Brexitish Britain that is poorly run, by May and the Tories. Which probably takes a little of the luster off California's accomplishment....
Old 05-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It must be noted that it's Brexitish Britain that is poorly run, by May and the Tories. Which probably takes a little of the luster off California's accomplishment....
Still have it for Brexit?

The simple fact is some English and Welsh do not like being overwhelmed by foreigners (largely Polish). They are prepared to accept some deprivation to prevent the next wave...possibly Ukrainians.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Ready

There was no need to turn the entire economy upside down. the UK could have limited immigration at any time.

But I agree with you that fear of foreigners, esp in areas that didn't have many, was a big driver in the vote.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
There was no need to turn the entire economy upside down. the UK could have limited immigration at any time.

But I agree with you that fear of foreigners, esp in areas that didn't have many, was a big driver in the vote.
It's just like here. Big cities have lots of immigrants/diversity, vibrant economies and lots of jobs and rural places don't. Rural folks see the success of the cities and somehow blame immigrants (who don't even live in rural areas) for their own plight. They are rooted to their place, even if their place can't offer them a viable future. It simply has to be somebody's fault but their own.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Admin

I read today that California overtook Trump's sugar momma, Mother Russia as the fourth largest economy on this little blue mudball hurtling through space.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:20 PM

This report is revealing and it's more than two years old.

Study: Immigrants Founded 51% of U.S. Billion-Dollar Startups

In California, small business which is the main engine of employment, about 35% are started or owned by immigrants. That % is huge and this what makes CA vibrant. Red states being generally immigrant unfriendly simply do not have this type of drawing power and will always be yesterday. They do not have the same access to technology and universities like the blue states like CA & MA to name a couple.

https://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2016/03...llar-startups/