Baboons in the snow?
Old 06-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Admin

Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Admin

Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
"Black is beautiful, tan is grand, but white is the color of the big boss man"...attributed to a Texican I once met.

Don't worry your pretty little head, my dear...due to changing demographics that is water under the bridge which will never return.

Unless it returns under the guise of reverse discrimination.

Chas
Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Don't worry your pretty little head, my dear...due to changing demographics that is water under the bridge which will never return.

Unless it returns under the guise of reverse discrimination. Payback?

Chas
You know, I think you may be on to something, here. Something that would explain all of the shrillness and gnashing of teeth from all of the bigots in my life...

I beleive someone once coined it; "The Fear of a Black Planet". Must really suck for them to have been talking shit their whole lives only to watch the tide turn on them. Kind of like the class bully suddenly realizing no one ever really repsected him, they just feared him....and now all of that has changed.

"....now ya don't talk so loud. Now ya don't act so proud........."

Dave
Old 06-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Admin

Quote:
"Black is beautiful, tan is grand, but white is the color of the big boss man"...attributed to a Texican I once met.

Unless it returns under the guise of reverse discrimination.

Chas
That's a stretch, Chalres. The back of my neck looks like bacon, (probably as red as yours), my nose is crooked, my hairline is receding and turning gray and a few scars here and there and I wish I could say all of my teeth were my own. Hell, even my old lady says I'm not aging gracefully. I guess GQ magazine won't be callin' me anytime soon.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post

You know, I think you may be on to something, here. Something that would explain all of the shrillness and gnashing of teeth from all of the bigots in my life...

I beleive someone once coined it; "The Fear of a Black Planet". Must really suck for them to have been talking shit their whole lives only to watch the tide turn on them. Kind of like the class bully suddenly realizing no one ever really repsected him, they just feared him....and now all of that has changed.

"....now ya don't talk so loud. Now ya don't act so proud........."

Dave
No doubt "payback" is the motivating factor, and something I've engaged in a couple of times.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort, even if you do manage to locate the proper individual as to who you actually "owe" something to.

Anger is a heavy burden, and nothing I wish to carry very far, considering I didn't want it in the first place.

Chas
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
That's a stretch, Chalres. The back of my neck looks like bacon, (probably as red as yours), my nose is crooked, my hairline is receding and turning gray and a few scars here and there and I wish I could say all of my teeth were my own. Hell, even my old lady says I'm not aging gracefully. I guess GQ magazine won't be callin' me anytime soon.
Well, I still got my own teeth, except for three of 'em.

Thought that was gonna be "four" of 'em, as I had one get infected a month ago and I thought I was gonna have to have it pulled.

But after medicating myself with Fish Mox Forte, the pain is gone and it's still in there chomping gruel.

Chas
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
No doubt "payback" is the motivating factor, and something I've engaged in a couple of times.

Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort, even if you do manage to locate the proper individual as to who you actually "owe" something to.

Anger is a heavy burden, and nothing I wish to carry very far, considering I didn't want it in the first place.

Chas
Ayup, as a smart lady once said 'Hate is corrosive and destroys the container'.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:19 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I've heard 'Hating someone is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die'

Dave, considering worldwide demographics, shouldn't that be 'The Fear of a Yellow Planet'?

Pete