Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-25-2017, 07:46 PM

I really think that this is just yet another diversion from Agent Orange to cover up Kushner's abuse of WH for personal gain deals with Pootin on his private email server, similar to HRC, although he has something to hide and even after 100 tries they could not find that HRC had anything to do with Benghazi. At least not as much as the GOP led fools on the hill who did not fully fund the security operation.
Old 09-25-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Basically a mandatory loyalty oath administered to other folks' kids that they don't understand. I'm not crazy about this, but see one vital function of a public education a common grounding in National civics and culture.
Very true.
No matter what level history is taught at (k-12, college, grad school, etc) there is always a tendency to show progression from bad (slavery, bad working conditions, Jim Crow) to better (abolition of slavery, 8-hour day, Voting Rights Act). Or was. In school we learned that government could change things for the better, that there is something good in government. That there is goodness in our nation. Or at least we try to be good.

Yeah a white-washed view. In college you learn the real story and how there is a negative underside to American history. But in general there is progressive belief in how our government is more or less good.

Until now. There is general disdain for the establishment, and Trump and others are knocking down the idea that a strong, forward looking government is good for America. I don't why people who supposedly hate the swamp and big government have a dislike of people who don't want to pledge allegiance to America. To me America is the Constitution flawed that it is.

I mean this clown has decimated the State Department and is upset about a quarterback kneeling during the national anthem.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Admin

Holy moley, just saw America's team (rolls eyes), the Dallas Cowboys including the owner, take a knee. (grin)
Old 09-25-2017, 09:31 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...df45f9b002?1cb
Old 09-25-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Holy moley, just saw America's team (rolls eyes), the Dallas Cowboys including the owner, take a knee. (grin)
BS gesture in my opinion and more to do with protecting their exclusive club and valuable franchises. If they were really one with their players, one of them would be offering to sign Colin Kaepernick considering there is a shortage of quality QB's from what I have read.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
BS gesture in my opinion and more to do with protecting their exclusive club and valuable franchises. If they were really one with their players, one of them would be offering to sign Colin Kaepernick considering there is a shortage of quality QB's from what I have read.
No argument here. The NFL needs to stop 'white' listing Mr. Kaepernick for silently protesting police brutality against POC.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:44 AM

So trump thinks these people need to protest "on their own time" and that the NFL should make a rule. The NFL is a private business...so do we need more regulation on business? Perhaps we should all take coffee breaks and bathroom breaks "on our own time" and the government can regulate that too.

I'm so done with this country.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:00 PM

The Twitler now claiming he's "not preoccupied " with NFL. Right.

Tweets about NFL: 24

Tweets about Puerto Rico: 4

Racist idiot.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
No argument here. The NFL needs to stop 'white' listing Mr. Kaepernick for silently protesting police brutality against POC.
I don't buy a bit of the owners joing the NFL players to show solidarity. They form one of the biggest group of Trump supporters; one is a current ambassador, another gave him a Super Bowl ring and most gave Trump in excess of a $1 Million for inauguration. All this togetherness and camaraderie masks their real intent which is to keep Colin Kaepernik out of the NFL.

Now for the two sides of the dialog.

First the NFL Took Colin Kaepernick’s Career, Now They’re Hijacking His Activism

https://cassiuslife.com/25829/first-...-his-activism/

Trump Is Right Yet Again, Colin Kaepernick Is A Son Of A Bitch

www.thelibertyconservative.com/trump-is-right-yet-again-colin-kaepernick-is-a-son-of-a-bitch/
Old 09-26-2017, 03:49 PM

The liar in chief at it again.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06ddf45fb5cda