Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:00 PM

What is the difference between God and Trump? God doesn't think he is Trump.

Here is a question: Assuming you knew nothing of Trump, not his history or background, but only what you saw in the last 100 days. What would you think? How would you describe him?
Arrogant, impulsive, reckless, dishonest, stupid dangerous. Did I miss anything?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
What is the difference between God and Trump? God doesn't think he is Trump.

Here is a question: Assuming you knew nothing of Trump, not his history or background, but only what you saw in the last 100 days. What would you think? How would you describe him?

Arrogant, impulsive, reckless, dishonest, stupid dangerous. Did I miss anything?

Idiotic, bully, jerk.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:09 PM

I keep wondering what it is going to take to get our representatives to impeach him
Old 05-12-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I keep wondering what it is going to take to get our representatives to impeach him
Compelling evidence of collusion with Russia to win this last election. Even then they may want to find a loophole to avoid doing the right thing.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Admin

Quote:
A resounding defeat for House Repukes in the 2018 midterms would do it.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
A resounding defeat for House Repukes in the 2018 midterms would do it.
Yes. And the only way before that would be a wave of public opinion that convinced enough repubs that their seats are in danger if they don't call for and vote for impeachment.

And THAT wave of opinion will occur if and when a number of Trump confederates are convicted of serious felonies, but that will take too long. 2018 election will come first.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt, Donald Trump boasted that, if he is impeached, the television ratings will be higher than those of any other impeachment in history.

“Everywhere I go, people tell me that if I am impeached, they’re going to watch it,” he said. “The ratings are going to be through the roof.”

He said that he expected his impeachment ratings to be “many, many times” the size of the audience for Bill Clinton’s impeachment, in 1998.

“It’s not even going to be close,” Trump said. “The ratings for Bill Clinton’s impeachment were a joke.”

Asked about the recent impeachment of the former South Korean President Park Geun-hye, Trump said, “Did anyone even watch that one? That was Korea. Nobody cares.”

As for the impeachment of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, he said, “I didn’t hear about that one. I don’t follow Brazil. I like Argentina. I saw ‘Evita’ many, many times. Andrew Lloyd Webber did a great job. Millions and millions of people loved it. But that was a Broadway show, not an impeachment.”

Even though he anticipates “just terrific” ratings for his impeachment, Trump said that he did not expect the media to provide an honest accounting of his audience size.

“They’re going to lie and say that a lot of people who watched my impeachment didn’t watch, and that’s going to be very bad and unfair, but it’s not going to change the fact that my impeachment will be a great impeachment, a really beautiful impeachment,” he said.
I was just thinking, 100 days he is saying he's the best POTUS ever and has done so much, 113 days and he is actually talking about his pending impeachment. How bizarre. Anybody hear what his 5pm on Friday reason for firing Comey in the manner of the complete ass that he is?
Old 05-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
I was just thinking, 100 days he is saying he's the best POTUS ever and has done so much, 113 days and he is actually talking about his pending impeachment. How bizarre. Anybody hear what his 5pm on Friday reason for firing Comey in the manner of the complete ass that he is?
Actually, don't think Trump has uttered the I-word in public yet. The above is the Borowitz report, and is satire. But he's probably got a list of everyone else in DC who has said the word.....
Old 05-12-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Actually, don't think Trump has uttered the I-word in public yet. The above is the Borowitz report, and is satire. But he's probably got a list of everyone else in DC who has said the word.....
Nemmind, heard the name but know nothing of Borowitz does. Most likely because it sounds like a blog, or worse yet Fox, or something.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
Nemmind, heard the name but know nothing of Borowitz does. Most likely because it sounds like a blog, or worse yet Fox, or something.
Fox? Perish the thought. His humor/satire feature appears in the New Yorker.

It is hazardous to have to try to satirize Trump--it can indeed be hard for readers to know it's not straight news.