Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Or we can do away with the gender double standard.

It's perfectly OK for a woman to grope a man or make lewd comments to a man. In fact it's considered funny to other women.

It's OK for a woman to lear at a man and treat a man like a piece of meat. They even do it in commercials. (along with the commercials which make men out to be feckless fools)

It's perfectly OK for a women to put her "goods" on display. (but men must always look the other way and pretend not to notice lest they be labelled a creep, and men most certainly may not put their goods on display)

It's perfectly OK for a woman to comment on the dress of another woman but if a man comments on a woman's dress he's a creep and out of line.

It's perfectly OK for a woman's groups or organizations to prohibit men but sexist when men ask for the same privilege.

Our society uses sex to sell and glamorize, yet our establishment is puritan...it's no wonder as a society we're frustrated and impotent. As a society we make the fruit forbidden, then use the fruit to sell everything from cars to pajamas. Women insist on the right to parade the fruit around in low topped blouses strapless and backless dresses and skin tight yoga pants that leave nothing to the imagination knowing full well men are visual creatures. Then they throw a snit when men notice.

As my wife so well stated, "these women who complain about an incident 20 or 30 years after the fact are nothing but attention whores looking for their 15 minutes of fame. They didn't mind enough to complain then, they don't get to complain now when nobody remembers the incident any more." I suspect that many of these incidents were passes, men make passes at women to show interest. It's how it's always been done. Women either accept or decline the pass just as a man does when a woman makes a pass at a man. What a man does not do is publicly whine and complain about the pass 20 or 30 years after it was made for the sole purpose of vindictively ruining the man.

All this McCarthy witch hunt will serve to do is drive a men and women further apart. Men will tire of all the landmines women put out there and opt out of relationships completely. It's already happening.

I'm not saying a man should be free to touch a woman inappropriately, and I most certainly am not including underage molestations in this, but it's been my experience that touching happens. I can't remember all the times I've accidentally bumped into a woman's boob. Nowadays that accidental bump would be called groping and be grounds for ruining my life. Women want the right for women to be women, to deceptively paint their faces and dress provocatively, but then they don't want men react as men will, they don't want to be men and act like men....and then if that isn't frustrating enough, then women complain when men aren't manly and assertive enough....fer christs sake.

Don't stand so close to me.......
Thank you for trying to steer this thread back on topic.

I think you're absolutely right: beyond all the drama about who did what to whom, I think we're at a turning point here about how society views relations between the sexes. To that end, I think it is a horrific mistake to assume that, as a campaign tactic, its now OK for a woman to assert that a man is disqualified for an elected position based on gender.

I think your highlighted comments above, however, need to be looked at more closely. I think you'd get a response to the highlighted comments above that just because a woman chooses to dress in a certain way, that doesn't make them a target for abuse. But I think what you're say is something like this: If a woman dresses "provocatively", just exactly what is it that the woman is trying to "provoke"?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
You, like your Dear Leader, want to control the conversation with ridiculous distractions. Thinking people see right through your tactics, dufus. When will you wake up? Moron.
You're hilarious, in a sad sort of way.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
You're hilarious, in a sad sort of way.
Right back at you. You’re on the wrong side of history, which you will learn the hard way, hopefully soon.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Right back at you. You’re on the wrong side of history, which you will learn the hard way, hopefully soon.
History doesn't take sides, people do.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Thank you for trying to steer this thread back on topic.

I think you're absolutely right: beyond all the drama about who did what to whom, I think we're at a turning point here about how society views relations between the sexes. To that end, I think it is a horrific mistake to assume that, as a campaign tactic, its now OK for a woman to assert that a man is disqualified for an elected position based on gender.

I think your highlighted comments above, however, need to be looked at more closely. I think you'd get a response to the highlighted comments above that just because a woman chooses to dress in a certain way, that doesn't make them a target for abuse. But I think what you're say is something like this: If a woman dresses "provocatively", just exactly what is it that the woman is trying to "provoke"?
A response.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Not really. I'd say it sucks to be you, but it sounds like you also may have received a penectomy at some point.

Some folks here love to scream about "whataboutism" when they can't come up with compelling arguments to support their own hypocritical arguments. What this thread is about is a Democrat clearly upping the game by playing the gender card. That's a bit different than commenting on expanding the list of who's who on the list of reported sexual harassers, which is what is being done in this thread not to play the game of "whataboutery", but to simply change the subject.

Given the absolute hysterical hypocrisy of a Dem playing the gender card, I fully understand why folks here might want to change the subject.
This shows that you have as much class and breeding as your fearless leader, aka The Moron. In the end when the Trump circus ends, it will suck to be you.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:19 PM
Ready

It already does. It always has. He knows it.