Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:39 PM

So, we suspect profiling to a political litmus test.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM
Persona non grata

Just for the Hell of it I am going to go ahead and answer these question as honestly as I can.

Do you know what we manufacture at Nosler?

I know you make bullets because I do a little reloading myself. However I've never bought Nosler's because they are pricey and I'm a cheap SOB. I generally buy Berry's or Remingtons, or Winchesters. I don't know what else you make but if you have a brochure on it I'll read it.

The 2nd Amendment protects the right of the American people to keep and bear arms. What is your view on this?

I support the second amendment. I think the wording is pretty obtuse but I take it to mean that private citizens have a right to own and posses firearms.

Are you a member of the National Rifle Association? Yes No

No. Too right wing for me.

Quote:
What is your view on Handguns & Assault Rifle platform firearms?
I like revolvers myself, but pistols are OK too. Assault rifles should be limited to the Military only. No civilian needs a goddamned assault rifle. I don't know what the fuck you mean by "platform". What the fuck is an Assault Rifle Platform Firearm?

Do you participate in the shooting sports or shooting sports activities?

I like to shoot at a range or out in the boondocks on occasion. I don't hunt. I don't want to shoot animals. The only thing I could kill with a gun would be a human being. Well, no, I take that back. I don't like Crocodiles. I could shoot a Crocodile. No, make that Crocodiles and rats. I don't like rats either.

What is your stance on legalized marijuana?

I don't give a shit one way or the other.

Have you ever participated in team sports?

I played some little league baseball. I sucked at it, but my old man was the coach so he kept me on the team. But I didn't get to play much because I sucked.

I went out for Football one year in High School but I sucked at it, so I quit.

Played a little intramural basketball in college and sucked at that too but not as much as I sucked at Football so I finished one season.

I played a season of City League softball too. Mostly on the bench because I sucked.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 10-30-2015 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Ready

We had an employeer here in 2012 that tried to fire an employee because they admitted to voting for Obama. Court took a dim view, there are laws about threatening or intimidating people to compel their votes. Employeer decided to settle out of court.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ing-for/ncQHN/
Old 10-31-2015, 09:28 AM

I don't fire anyone - I can't afford to. It is hard enough finding anyone who wants to work.

Also, a bit off topic and veering into "the state of education territory" - I recently ran an ad for prospective employees; never had to before because I usually hire by referral. Had a lot of my kids graduating college, so need replacements.

I'm not hiring people to build atom bombs - just park cars, don't wreck, and be friendly.
I am prob. the best boss in the world - I basically let them write their own schedule - as long as the shifts are covered it's all good.

The applications I have received this week are horrible - 300 of them - I'm not looking for nuclear physicists, but the ability to spell, form a complete sentence, include your last name, etc. are things I would like to see.

I'm not seeing them.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
I don't fire anyone - I can't afford to. It is hard enough finding anyone who wants to work.

Also, a bit off topic and veering into "the state of education territory" - I recently ran an ad for prospective employees; never had to before because I usually hire by referral. Had a lot of my kids graduating college, so need replacements.

I'm not hiring people to build atom bombs - just park cars, don't wreck, and be friendly.
I am prob. the best boss in the world - I basically let them write their own schedule - as long as the shifts are covered it's all good.

The applications I have received this week are horrible - 300 of them - I'm not looking for nuclear physicists, but the ability to spell, form a complete sentence, include your last name, etc. are things I would like to see.

I'm not seeing them.
I hear ya. Lord knows I really don't "want" to work, but I have to. But, when I am at work, I believe I should hold up my end of the deal. However, that doesn't mean I will bust ass for anyone who doesn't hold up their end of the deal. If an employer starts reneging on his promises, I will start reneging on mine, as I start looking for another job.

Lazy, scheming and lying ass employers should always get what they have coming, even when they don't like it. Checks and balances, don't ya know.........

It's why they hate Unions.

See how that works?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:

I'm not seeing them.
English spelling has taken a serious nosedive lately... or else the internet has given us an opportunity to see how bad it always was. Another thing I've noticed is a significant decline in the grammar used in print media, even in august publications like the New York Times. It seems copy editors no longer know how to edit.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:58 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
English spelling has taken a serious nosedive lately... or else the internet has given us an opportunity to see how bad it always was. Another thing I've noticed is a significant decline in the grammar used in print media, even in august publications like the New York Times. It seems copy editors no longer know how to edit.
Copy editors basically no longer exist.
Old 10-31-2015, 09:53 AM

I am prob actually the worst person to be a boss - I am not a disciplinarian and I am up front. I hire kids I like, and I usually like kids who have their shit somewhat together, so it never really morphs into that "employee - boss" dynamic.

I think that is the key - hire good people and you don't have to be "a boss."

The schedule is a headache because I really let them work when they want, but to me that is a small price to pay for having people who enjoy being there and have fun.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Area Man

Quote:
I am prob actually the worst person to be a boss - I am not a disciplinarian and I am up front. I hire kids I like, and I usually like kids who have their shit somewhat together, so it never really morphs into that "employee - boss" dynamic.

I think that is the key - hire good people and you don't have to be "a boss."

The schedule is a headache because I really let them work when they want, but to me that is a small price to pay for having people who enjoy being there and have fun.
True dat.

And I never, ever let someone else drive/park my car. Except for the garage that services it......and close relatives. And, I am always with them when they do.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:06 AM

I've been lucky - 2 minor scuffs in 3 years - but, that's why we have insurance.

But I don't let anyone drive my car, either.