Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
We can start by sending the illegal aliens back to their respective countries, then eliminate the teachers unions and make schools competitive. It all starts around an educated populace that has pride and respect for craftsmanship.
Which starts with employers who have respect for skilled labor, which far too many of them certainly don't in this country anymore. Do you have any idea how many times I've heard, "Skilled labor my ass, any idiot can do that.", in regards to mechanics, electricians, machinists and fabricators?

Why? It's because they have become a bunch of cheapskates. They're chasing the bottomline and next quarters bonus right down the toilet and they've become too pigheaded to see it. You want to know what's really happening to manufacturing this is it, right here. It's not all about unions. I've been laid off twice from nonunion plants that were run by absolute twits. Well educated IDIOTS who think employees are nothing but MACHINERY.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 AM

If unions were effective, they wouldn't have adversarial relationships here either. Might have something to do with their long, consistent decline in popularity.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
If unions were effective, they wouldn't have adversarial relationships here either. Might have something to do with their long, consistent decline in popularity.
It isn't just about unions. They have us all bent over. Including you. Some of us have just been talked into believing it's for our own good.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
It isn't just about unions. They have us all bent over. Including you. Some of us have just been talked into believing it's for our own good.
Perspective is everything my friend. I know it's a rigged game, I just choose to accept those things which I can not change. There's nothing new under the sun- those who have the gold, make the rules. I'm not in to pissing into the wind about it. I've made headway in standard of living over my parents, and my father certainly improved from the way my grandparents lived.
I accept that it's part luck (where you're born into the world), and part effort, and I'm good with that.
Doesn't mean anyone convinced me it's good for me. It just is what it is.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Some of us have just been talked into believing it's for our own good.
I can't help but think of Jim Jones....

Carl
Old 05-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Perspective is everything my friend. I know it's a rigged game, I just choose to accept those things which I can not change. There's nothing new under the sun- those who have the gold, make the rules. I'm not in to pissing into the wind about it. I've made headway in standard of living over my parents, and my father certainly improved from the way my grandparents lived.
I accept that it's part luck (where you're born into the world), and part effort, and I'm good with that.
Doesn't mean anyone convinced me it's good for me. It just is what it is.
Well, good for you then. That's one. I know a whole lot of people who can't say the same. And it's not because of anything they did wrong. It sure as hell isn't me. Here's an interesting thing I was once told;

"My generation had it tough when we were young and set ourselves up pretty good. If your generation doesn't start fighting to protect what we've (WW2 generation) accrued, they're going to take it all back. And you'll end up having it the other way around."

Watch what happens.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Of course the Lewis Powell memorandum to the Chamberpot of Commerce, and his subsequent elevation to SCOTUS had nowt to do with it all. (In most civilized countries Powell would have been shot as traitor.) Powell killed more labour legislation than any other justice, The rise of power of corporations in our pulic affairs twisted laws out of shape.

The subsequent propoganda put out by corporations and the gullibility of the populace led to the demise of the unions. It is time for the people to take our country back.

Last edited by merrylander; 05-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Resident octogenarian

Sure you can throw up your hands and say I can't change things then sit in your McMansion and whimper. Or you can join on to "Free speech for People" or "Move to Amend". Enough signatures and we might put the fear of God into Congress and get those wussies to act.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Area Man

". . . corporations have no consciences, no beliefs, no feelings, no thoughts, no desires. Corporations help structure and facilitate the activities of human beings, to be sure, and their 'personhood' often serves as a useful legal fiction. But they are not themselves members of “We the People” by whom and for whom our Constitution was established."

~Supreme Court Justice Stevens, January 2010
Old 05-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Sure you can throw up your hands and say I can't change things then sit in your McMansion and whimper. Or you can join on to "Free speech for People" or "Move to Amend". Enough signatures and we might put the fear of God into Congress and get those wussies to act.
Done, on both accounts.

Thanks for passing this on, Rob!