Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Banned

Baltimore

So what happens next? This is some of the craziest stuff I've seen live from my couch.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
So what happens next? This is some of the craziest stuff I've seen live from my couch.
Right now as I type they are covering Al Sharpton on his way to Baltimore. And a black man is saying that Al needs to keep away.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

This hits really close to home. My wife is from Baltimore and she's taking it pretty hard watching her city go up in flames. The mayor seems to be in way over her head.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 AM

I don't live there, nor have family there, but I find it very sad that these idiots set fire to a place that was built by a church to house the elderly. There is absolutely no excuse.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 AM
Banned

It sounds like the police & guard are going to be out in force tonight.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 AM

If the police covered up some wrong doing that caused someone to die then it should be dealt with in a legal manner. I do not condone anything they are doing, but these rioters should at least have the decency to leave other people out of it.

If I got mad at Joe, what good would it do to burn out Billy? He would've had nothing to do with it.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Banned

One would have thought that after the Watts riots, the Dr. King riots, the Rodney King riots...and all the other albeit self-destructive incidents in the history of race relations in this country, that the white power structure might have finally figured out that this shit can't continue.

I guess not.

Just since 1980:
Quote:
1980: Miami Riot 1980 – following the acquittal of four Miami-Dade Police officers in the death of Arthur McDuffie. McDuffie, an African-American, died from injuries sustained at the hands of four white officers trying to arrest him after a high-speed chase.
1991: Crown Heights Riot – May – between African Americans and the area's large Hasidic Jewish community, over the accidental killing of a Guyanese immigrant child by an Orthodox Jewish motorist. In its wake, several Jews were seriously injured; one Orthodox Jewish man, Yankel Rosenbaum, was killed; and a non-Jewish man, allegedly mistaken by rioters for a Jew, was killed by a group of African-American men.
1991: Overtown, Miami – In the heavily Black section against Cuban Americans, like earlier riots there in 1982 and 1984.
1992: 1992 Los Angeles riots – April 29 to May 5 – a series of riots, lootings, arsons and civil disturbance that occurred in Los Angeles County, California in 1992, following the acquittal of police officers on trial regarding the assault of Rodney King.
1992: Harlem, Manhattan in New York City – July – involved Blacks and Puerto Ricans against the New York Police Department, around the time of the 1992 Democratic National Convention being held there.
1995: St. Petersburg, Florida riot of 1996, caused by protests against racial profiling and police brutality.
2001: 2001 Cincinnati Riots – April – in the African-American section of Over-the-Rhine.
2005: Toledo, Ohio – Neo-Nazis and white supremacists marched in North Park, a mostly African-American section of town.
2009: Oakland, CA – Riots following the BART Police shooting of Oscar Grant.
2014: 2014 Ferguson unrest – Riots following the Shooting of Michael Brown
2015: 2015 Baltimore riots - Riots following the death of Freddie Gray
Old 04-28-2015, 08:13 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
This hits really close to home. My wife is from Baltimore and she's taking it pretty hard watching her city go up in flames. The mayor seems to be in way over her head.
It's 68 again. Same area is being hit the hardest. I had two cousins who were called up in 68. One was put in front of a liquor store on North Ave. with no ammunition for his M-14.

The gangs of Baltimore have always been great rioters.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
Right now as I type they are covering Al Sharpton on his way to Baltimore. And a black man is saying that Al needs to keep away.
lol, is the black man on Fox?

wE know he is, go ahead and admit it.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:22 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
It's 68 again. Same area is being hit the hardest. I had two cousins who were called up in 68. One was put in front of a liquor store on North Ave. with no ammunition for his M-14.

The gangs of Baltimore have always been great rioters.
my first job as a kid (not counting paper boy) was sweepings up the broken glass from the bank sidewalks after the riots in north jersey. Two years later the same bank used to pay me to sit in the lobby all day at the branch in the "tough" neighborhood as all the employees there were female.