Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
He is smart, as in evil scientist-manipulator smart. His audience is the older, less educated demographic who tend to believe in conspiracy theories...same audience that listens to Limbaugh and watches Pat Robertson.

He is a Princeton-Harvard Ivy league snob trying to pass himself off as something he is not. That is why everyone hates him. Plus he is not above lying about Americans like McCarthy used to do during the Red Scare of the 1950s.
I'm usually quite hesitant to use the word "evil" to describe anyone. However, it applies in spades to Cruz. Trump is a narcissistic blowhard and a clown, but Cruz in evil incarnate.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm usually quite hesitant to use the word "evil" to describe anyone. However, it applies in spades to Cruz. Trump is a narcissistic blowhard and a clown, but Cruz in evil incarnate.
Lying about Chuck Hegel was particularly odious and disqualifies him permanently for me.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Lying about Chuck Hegel was particularly odious and disqualifies him permanently for me.
I'm definitely not one to support the notion of Hillary being honest (she most assuredly isn't), but what puzzles me is the main complaint from Hillary-haters (i.e., she's dishonest/a liar) applies even more so to Trump or Cruz whose serial lies are applauded and portrayed as "telling it like it is."
Old 01-22-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
I'm definitely not one to support the notion of Hillary being honest (she most assuredly isn't), but what puzzles me is the main complaint from Hillary-haters (i.e., she's dishonest/a liar) applies even more so to Trump or Cruz whose serial lies are applauded and portrayed as "telling it like it is."
I guess it is all about who you like...if you hate the other guy so much it is ok if you are not bothered about the truth.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I think engineering the government shut-down was a lot worse. Objectively, Hagen suffered no lasting harm from Cruz's slime job but a lot of people were harmed by the shut-down and its aftermath.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I think engineering the government shut-down was a lot worse. Objectively, Hagen suffered no lasting harm from Cruz's slime job but a lot of people were harmed by the shut-down and its aftermath.
I can't believe people have sort of forgotten that. I think it is assumed he would never get the votes of the those hurt by the shutdown anyway so no one talks about it much but of course if he was picked as the nominee it would be a major issue against him.

I hate it when he calls the DC the "Washington Cartel" to me that is unpatriotic and anti-American.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I can't believe people have sort of forgotten that. I think it is assumed he would never get the votes of the those hurt by the shutdown anyway so no one talks about it much but of course if he was picked as the nominee it would be a major issue against him.

I hate it when he calls the DC the "Washington Cartel" to me that is unpatriotic and anti-American.
I hate it when he says anything. He's like one big fingernail and the world is a chalk board. What a disgusting excuse for a human being!
Old 01-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I hate it when he says anything. He's like one big fingernail and the world is a chalk board. What a disgusting excuse for a human being!
When he smiles it looks like he just passed a kidney stone or a possum who just raided the henhouse for some eggs.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Admin

Speaking of 'Tailgunner' Ted. The Post has a story up how he made $100,000 with a $6,000 investment through his old college buddy. Nice work if you can get it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...mepage%2Fstory