View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I've often posted here that I no longer know what Dems stand for. I used to vote Dem, but in the last 20 years have come to regard the Dems as out of touch, too beholden to special interests while accusing their political opponents of the same, and no longer the "party of the working man".

Instead of constantly playing Trump's game and losing, the Dems might do well to listen to a bit of "wisdom from the Heartland".

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...indiana-216273

[I]“The number of Democrats holding office across the nation is at its lowest point since the 1920s and the decline has been especially severe in rural America,” .
So, the last time Republicans held so many offices nationwide was during the decade that brought us a market so volatile that we hit highs "too good to be true" followed by crash so tragic that unemployment reached nearly 20% in much of the nation, thousands of businesses went bankrupt and Wall Street investors committed suicide, plummeting to the sidewalks below?

And, Whell sees this as a GOOD point to make?

Yep, he's still a dumbass.