View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Because Bibi is personally responsible for the tactics and actions that Israel is taking that Omar (and many others) don't like and (with some justification) perceive as racist and unjust, but are being forced to keep quiet about out of fear of being labeled anti-Semitic.

Again, her comment about loyalty/allegiance was not directed at American Jews, but specifically at American politicians who demand absolute fealty to Bibi's Israel and its policies (mostly Christian conservatives). As for the "Benjamins," her comment was directed at AIPAC, a powerful, well-funded PAC whose mission has become solely the support of the Bibi/Likud faction (and silent about Bibi's political opposition (currently leading in the polls there)).

You sure are quick to squeal about anti-Semitism without taking the time to understand what it is that people object to when it comes to Israel's policies and actions (or to realize that their comments are indeed about the latter and not the former).

Meanwhile, Trump has accused you of being anti-Semitic ("Democrats hate Jewish people.")
And you don't take the time to realize that, as Tom Lehrer once observed, "...everybody hates the Jews." Lehrer was right...it's pretty much true. And I'm far from the only one who believes it. Reckon why I'm such a hard ass about this anyway? I'm only a Jew by adoption. I'm more Irish than the blonde is...and she was born there.