View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 07:32 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Made my escape a couple days ago. Got a shoulder bag with a pump and IV bag full of Naxcillin that is my constant companion for the next six weeks. Oh joy. Turns out a PICC line is a peripherally installed central catheter. It starts just inside my right elbow and runs 33 cm up and over to my heart. The two ladies who run the catheter lab are master plumbers, imo.

The only gripe was she has Bose speaks. j/k. It took about hour to thread the line in while I listened to the Moody Blues.

Neat trick.
Here's to a speedy recovery, my good man! I had some gloriously attractive young nurses, myself. In particular a young, blue eyed Belarusian woman named Tatianna and a petite Nigerian by the name of Chiggame', pronounced Chig-uh-may. (It means "Gods Will").

I had knee surgery last October and I've had Covid-19 and a TIA stroke since then. I have been told I must lose weight and improve cardiovascular conditions so, I have returned to cycling after a decade long hiatus. However, a week ago I pushed myself too hard and ended up in a world of pain for several days. I'm not 25 anymore, that's for sure and 17 miles just over an hour proved to be crippling.

(For reference, I checked my old log and my best time ever was in 1998. A 40 mile course in 1hour, 59 minutes......)

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-07-2021 at 07:34 AM.