Thread: 25th amendment
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Whell, funds for social services have been pretty much stagnant since the Clinton administration. Don't give me that crap about increases from year to year....

And, people do move off welfare, but it takes programs that are funded to make that happen.

What really drives me nuts is that people think nothing of taking in a stray cat or dog.... Taking it to a shelter.... Donating to animal charities..... But when it comes to people....those same people turn the other way.

It is just a fact that not everyone has the where with all, the resources, or the ability to make ends meet. So instead of treating them like that stray cat or dog.... They are ignored and looked down upon.

There is an old saying which I have found to be true.... If you are hungry, don't bother going to a rich man's house but there will always be room at the table at a poor man's house.

I would add that an estimated 25% of Americans have some form of mental illness. Most are republicans. Reagan closed the mental hospitals so they are all out on the street. Another victim of conservative policy.