View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Admin

Fallen soldier’s mother: ‘Trump did disrespect my son’

"The mother of a soldier killed in an ambush in Africa said Wednesday that President Trump "did disrespect my son" with remarks in a condolence telephone call.

Sgt. La David T. Johnson's mother, Cowanda Jones-Johnson, told The Washington Post that she was present during the call from the White House on Tuesday to Johnson's widow, Myeshia Johnson. Johnson's mother also stood by an account of the call from Rep. Frederica S. Wilson (D-Fla.) that Trump told Johnson's widow that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

"President Trump did disrespect my son and my daughter and also me and my husband," Jones-Johnson said.
Trump lashed back. He denied Wilson's account in a Twitter message Wednesday. He said he had "proof" that the exchange did not go as Wilson had described. Trump did not elaborate, but the claim again raised questions about whether the president tapes calls and conversations." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4165b4a1a841

What kind of monster disrespects a Gold Star family?