View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
so you are suggesting that she (not he) incur $11.20 in expenses to earn $10 for a one hour gig?

BTW, she did do this one week, 4 days, for just the reasons you suggest.
Not suggesting, just letting you know that when people work in a registry those that get called in more often than others are those that say yes a lot,
even when it is really not worth it. I cannot imagine that the company she works for would pull this stuff all the time, otherwise no one would work there.

$10 bucks seems very low to me....

How are her co-workers doing?

My best advice is to get more training if possible...the only way up in the medical field is college and licensing. It is very difficult to make a living wage unless you are an RN, PA, Licensed Medical Imager or PT tech.

What has really happened is that the RN has become the defacto health care worker....where as before you would have LVNs, CNAs and orderlies (to be more correct they are called transporters these days) and RNs now there are just RNs and they end up doing a lot of the stuff LVNs and CNAs did and thus hospitals can save money by not hiring the lower scale positions.

My gut instinct tells me the CNAs that have disappeared from my hospital (we had many in the 90s) are the ones working in the home health care industries. But I do not really know.