View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 07:47 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Similarly, with Thomas, there's no proof that he was involved with bribery unless Finn can provide some direct evidence of it. Was Thomas' behavior ethically lacking? Yes, I think so.

There, does that clarify? Or do you want to throw more shit on the wall to see if it sticks?
Read the ProPublica articles including the most recent which provides the details of a quid pro quo arrangement in place for the past 20 years by which Thomas would be richly compensated by conservative donors for not resigning from the bench in pursuit of a higher income (i.e., I give you money and you don't resign from the court and you keep ruling for the conservative causes I support).

Call it what you want, but taking many millions over decades while rendering impactful decisions from a position from which you would have otherwise resigned were it not for the generosity of your interested patrons is some very shady shit. Of course you'll find some way to defend it.

We'll see if this ethically-challenged moneygrubber will recuse himself from any upcoming J6 cases considering his wife was a such a cheerleader for the Trump criminal conspiracy.

Last edited by finnbow; 12-18-2023 at 08:04 PM.