Thread: Better Hurry
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I thought we were exploring other options. All I'm saying is let's no go broke doing so.

As the old saying goes, the stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones. Have a little patience.

Chas
I would like to see more research into the NG sector. It's proven to make electricity by much cleaner means than coal (which will be charging most volts). Or even propane, as the engines we already have run better, cleaner, and longer on either. If the public will pay 25k for a battery, why wouldn't they pony up 10k for a carbon fiber tank. Then all we need to do is get some fueling infrastructure up. I don't think we could ever run out of NG, not even 100s of years into the future. Tons of it gets burned only to prevent build up (the flares you see burning at well sites). They haven't even got the battery for cordless drills perfected yet, much less one to power the size of motor needed to run a car. Of course, I'm not sure if the NG cars would drive better than Beemers. That's like saying the ride in my work truck improves when I put premium in it.