View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
In the political arena, this gal is my heartthrob (as you certainly know already). She writes well and has a moderate, thoughtful tone. How many others can claim that?

As for the Teabaggers, dem folks be crazy. OTOH, maybe one needs to be crazy to shake up the sclerotic powers-that-be in this town. The debt is pretty close to being out of control and the temptation to can-kick is pretty damn strong among the entrenched pol's and their lobbyist enablers.

I'm sick of the whole friggin' dramatic mess. It's worse than the OJ trial.
But wouldn't someone who was deep in debt want to do something to generate income as well as cut expenses? I would expect someone as moderate and thoughtful as all that to recognize that the solution can't be a one-sided equation. A real remedy would include cutting loopholes and subsidies at a minimum. Moreover, most of what I have read from the financial types - including the conservatives - is that redoing this whole thing next year would do more long-term damage to the economy. That is why I considered her full-scale endorsement of the Boehner plan as somewhat immoderate.

Regards,

D-Ray