View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 10:05 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
No, I didn't. That was you putting words in my mouth. I guess you're starting to believe your own bullshit.

Go back and look at post 9 in this thread. There will need to be spending reductions. Trump is attempting to do what Reagan could not in obtaining these spending reductions. I've said that same thing in this forum in many threads. In fact, it has been YOU arguing in many threads that spending reductions are not possible.

We will need spending reductions, and such reductions are long overdue.
Your boy, Lying Donnie Dotard, just signed a budget bill that increased spending for social programs and then released a budget that does the exact opposite. In any event, if you knew anything about how Washington works (and you don't), you'd realize Trump's budget proposal is DOA, just as his budget proposal from last year was. Moreover, the deal he struck last week increases DoD funding beyond what Trump even wanted and his new budget proposal greatly increases defense spending. How's that for spending reductions?

Your Dear Leader made a campaign promise to eliminate the national debt in 8 years and now his own Treasury plans to borrow $1 trillion per year for the next 3 years and independent estimates show his budget will result in annual deficits of ~$2 trillion per year within 10 years.

As for me putting words in your mouth, you've been singing the praises of supply-side economics for months, repeating the ridiculous myth that tax cuts pay for themselves. Do you wish to renounce your previous defense of supply-side economics now that you see what a Republican President, House and Senate are doing to the deficit by their implementation of this discredited dogma?

Last edited by finnbow; 02-13-2018 at 10:41 AM.