View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigerik View Post
A huge disappointment to me. They had a great new car design in the Evos. But they went pseudo retro again. Just shows a lack of styling inspiration on their part.
True, the Evos has wicked styling. Ford has a huge base of customers around the world loyal to traditional Mustang styling they didn't want to alienate. It's an emotional tie and a strong one. They had to pay attention to that base and the Mustangs styling history and take care not to alienate that base. So there are cues from several model years incorporated into the new design. At the same time they wanted to take the car international in appeal.

I think they made an OK compromise, although I wish they'd made the front more unique. I don't agree with incorporating their new trademark grill, after all it's about the same as the Taurus and Fusion. Mustang styling has always been a set aside from the rest of the Ford line up. Now it blends in too much.

I have seen this model in blue with racing stripes and ground effects and it looks pretty hot. I wish they'd put the in-grill driving lights on it.

http://beforeitsnews.com/mediadrop/u...f0143ba60a.jpg

Last edited by MrPots; 01-03-2014 at 04:23 PM.