View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68custom View Post
there is a big window manufacturer near me that will require you work at least 60 hours a week, and I mean nonstop every second work with 2-10 minute breaks and a half hour lunch. they will charge you $8 for 50 cents worth of lettuce (salad)and they have their own DRs office like a work camp! you will also be expected to lift 150 pounds repeatedly all day long. people there think they are lucky cause those SOBs are paying them $10 an hour. I did it for 3 weeks before I told em to go to hell. as a union job this would be a $20 dollar an hour job or more easily. did I mention that recently some Chinese investors bought a huge chunk of said company? Obama's helped but the economy is still kinda shitty for regular folks.
Yep. The crazy thing is that people blame Obama for that, but what indication is there that this would be ANY different under the party that thinks businessmen have a right to be pricks, free of governmental or union interference?

I'm thinking this is the world Trump has promised these people in his attempt to bring manufacturing back. However, when it comes to the point that a manufacturing job is just as shitty as any other low wage, near-slave labor job........... What is the point in bringing them back?