View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
This thread is about the recent invaision of Texas. I was sharing an observation with Pio1980 about his post and your hard-on popped up.
Please read the following.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
"Intent" is the core of disputed interpretations, I'm quite sure the NRA has a different interpretation of the obtuse phrasing.
I'm also pretty sure the phrasing does NOT sanction armed insurrection for ANY reason as some insist it does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Our revolution was a successful armed insurrection. Responsible citizens have the right to arm themselves as a deterrent to tyrants.
No logical reading of this exchange could fail to interpret your response as being in support of the "armed insurrection" Steve refers to. By pointing out that we owe our existence as a country to an armed insurrection and following with the "responsible citizens" comment, you have positioned yourself in support of the violent overthrow of the US government.

Period. End of story.

Because this exchange between you and Steve was, despite the thread title, about the 2nd Amendment, I asked you to tell me where the right to armed insurrection was expressed in the text of the Amendment. So far, you've avoided answering. Will you answer now? "It isn't" would be an acceptable answer.