View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 10:46 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Russia ‘turned’ election for Trump, Clapper believes

Clapper knows more than just about anyone except Putin about Russian meddling. Donny is an illegitimate president*.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/ru...apper-believes

Russians not only affected the outcome of the 2016 presidential election — they decided it, says James Clapper, who served as the director of national intelligence in the Obama administration, and during the 2016 vote.

“To me, it just exceeds logic and credulity that they didn’t affect the election, and it’s my belief they actually turned it,” he told the PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff on Wednesday.

Clapper, who chronicles his life and career in his new book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence,” said Russians are “are bent on undermining our fundamental system here. And when a foreign nation, particularly an adversary nation, gets involved as much as they did in our political process, that’s a real danger to this country.”
I fully concur with what Clapper said in your last paragraph. In addition, the mainstream media driven "we hate Trump" hysteria is deflecting attention away from this very important issue. The "we hate Trump" frenzy is generating $$$ for these companies and I think Clapper has jumped on the Russians/Trump stole the election bandwagon as a means to sell more books. Follow the money! Trump won the election for three reasons (descending order): 1) the excellent job Republican controlled state legislatures have gerrymandered congressional districts; 2) Hillary Clinton (ask Rajoo ); and 3) the non Republican Trump's base.