View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:46 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I think the real harbringer of good times a'coming would be RE values starting to creep up.

Pete
Not going to happen for a while yet. The friggin' things are still grossly overpriced. Even when unemployment drops....Who can afford them? Can't make a $1,500 mortgage payment on $10/hour.

BTW. Through it all, I have always believed, and always will, that Americas best days lie yet ahead. We just have to accomplish three things, IMHO.

1). Get our politicians to stop trying to destroy each other. Of all things, I fear single party rule the most. If it hasn't become obvious to anyone that that's what all too many of them are up to.........That person is dumb, deaf and blind.

2). Get Americans to start caring about each other again. This constant effort to drag each other down and strip each other of the things we all work for cannot lead to anything good. Not for the average American, anyhow.

3) Stinginess and unbridled greed have got to go. There is a difference between healthy incentivised ambition, and this obscene "Gordon Gekko" style of avaricious pillaging. The first builds. The second only destroys.
Our country was a far better place when we lauded generosity, and hissed at the self-centered and insatiable.

Dave