View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
I believe that many on the left side of the aisle truly hated George W. Still do. You can see it in the rhetoric, the books, the articles, the not - so - well wishers who actually made public comments about hoping that something bad would happen to him personally.

I've heard and read about some of the nutcases that wish Obama harm. Still, its not as wide - spread as what developed under George W. Maybe its fermented under Bush just because he was around for 8 years, and Obama's not been around that long? Don't know.
Maybe it's because you're in Michigan and I'm in Virginia, but your statement seems 180 degrees out to me. These people practically worshipped GWB.....I once had my life threatened for saying something positive about Obama. And all it was was a comment on his speech making abilities. The difference between cultures, I guess.

But, I will say that the anti-Bush protests seemed tiny, and mostly took place in foreign countries, in comparison to what has been going on since BHO took office. Me thinks there is scant comparison.

Dave