View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
No case? Not only does the immigration office require certain things (like a reason), but a GREAT video came out, showed the guy at a fundraiser calling Jews monkeys and pigs. Charming, caring guy that one
No, not a nice guy, but no case either. Calling Jews monkeys and pigs is certainly reprehensible but it isn't a crime.

If there were any substance to the terrorism accusations he would have been tried. If found guilty he would have been sentenced and imprisoned. Since none of that happened, it's safe to conclude that there was no case.

He was deported because he was deemed "undesirable". Deportation was second best to imprisonment.

There have been a number of cases where similar accusations have been leveled at Muslims. I can think of two in New York, one in New Jersey and one in Florida.

The two New York and the one New Jersey resulted in speedy trials and convictions, although the evidence in these cases was less than stellar.

The Florida case is really interesting. You should read up on it. The defendant is named Sami al Arian. He got royally screwed and he's still getting screwed.

John

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_Al-Arian