View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Admin

http://www.vincewadeusa.com/?p=244

He seems to be a reasonable investigative reporter, the above link will take you to his bio.

As to the sloganeering going on ala "OBL is dead GM is alive" it's a bit catchy but politicking as usual. This type of stuff comes along every election cycle, it's no big deal and is to be expected.

President Bush standing on the deck of that U.S. carrier with a huge banner proclaiming "Mission Accomplished!" when that one obviously was an empty statement during that election cycle was the same type of politicking. I think we can understand that it's simply pandering to an electorate that has the attention span measured in the minutes allotted to them by the advertisers to run to the fridge for a cold one or to the head to get rid of the last cold one.

'Tis a cynical viewpoint to be sure but dead on the money these days. No one has the time for serious consideration of the issues simply because we are bombarded with so many half truths, innuendo and bald faced lies that we have become numb to it.

The latest craze is to "pivot" which to me is the same old tired debate tactic of changing the subject when someones cause or point is being turned back upon itself. We all use it as an escape mechanism, so what. Nothing new under the sun in itself.

Do cold snakes care whether the gophers have their heads blown off first?
Probably not after all they're easier to catch, right?