View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
I responded. I rejected your premises, and I gave you some examples why they are not sound. For example, to suggest that "school" is the only way to success ignores apprentice programs. It also ignores that investment that individuals have made in mastering a skill that provides value to the products they produce. Even if the job is repetitious, if it is necessary to the productivity of the operation, it is valuable. I think that most businesses could not succeed without people performing necessary jobs for the business. Therefore, there is a mutual benefit to one running a business hiring employees. Because the employees provide a necessary element of the company's success, they should share in the success.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be some reward for risk and innovation. I am saying that the contribution of others to the success should also be rewarded with something other than scraps.
I don't have any problem with people making a living. Matter of fact it would be fine with me if fast food employees made $15 an hour.

But, it hurts small businesses. And, large businesses will just pass it on and hurt the very people that need help.

In the end if you need some outside force to make more money it doesn't say much for you.