View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Speaking of dumba$$es, Michele Bachmann said the following (in jest, she insists):

"I don’t know how much God has to do to get the attention of the politicians. We’ve had an earthquake; we’ve had a hurricane. He said, ‘Are you going to start listening to me here?’ Listen to the American people because the American people are roaring right now. They know government is on a morbid obesity diet and we’ve got to rein in the spending.”

What's worse is that a Public Religion Research institute/ Religion News Service poll from earlier this year found that nearly 40 percent of Americans “believe that earthquakes, floods and other natural disasters are a sign from God.”

It seems she's preaching to the choir.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6QnJ_blog.html

And then there's Dave's neighbor, Pat Robertson, interpretor extraordinaire of catastrophic events:

“It seems to me the Washington Monument is a symbol of America’s power. It has been the symbol of our great nation. We look at the symbol and we say ‘this is one nation under God.’ Now there’s a crack in it... Is that sign from the Lord? ... You judge. It seems to me symbolic.”

Last edited by finnbow; 08-29-2011 at 01:46 PM.