View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Admin

Thumbs up Rolling Thunder on the Mall

Man, I just caught the Smithsonian's piece on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial 25years later. I really liked the part about the Memorial Day ride started by those cats from Wisconsin. It's been 30+ years since I moved back to Ca. from the D.C. area. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to make the trip back and pay my respects.

The only beef that I have is that the war protester's are portrayed as having animosity towards the returning vets. I never saw any of that. There was rage against the conduct of the politicos in charge and the corporations profiteering on it. Never against the men and women in uniform.

I'm not sayin' that there weren't some isolated incidences of disrespect but I guarantee that had I witnessed any such conduct the offender would've been picking up their teeth. In the anti-war movement that I experienced there was none of this shit. A few fucking wack jobs screaming baby killer did not represent the overwhelming sentiment of the anti war movement, not in the least.