View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 06:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The federal government recorded a budget deficit of $215.2 billion in February, up significantly from a year ago as the impact of the GOP tax cuts passed in December begin to surface.

The Treasury Department said Monday that the February deficit was 12.1 percent higher than a year ago, reflecting in part a drop of $5 billion in individual withholding taxes paid last month compared to a year ago. In February, employers started using tax tables that withheld less from paychecks based on the new law.

For the first five months of this budget year, the deficit totals $391 billion, an increase of 11.5 percent from the same period a year ago. President Donald Trump's new budget projects this year's deficit will hit $873 billion, up a sharp 31.3 percent from last year's imbalance of $665.8 billion.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...ruary-53690903

Surprise, surprise. I'm waiting for Whell to shriek "fake news!"

Just give it time and a few more gallons of unicorn's piss and it'll all work out, Pat. My neighbors garden gnomes told me so...