View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
I bought two new Hyundai Accents from a local dealership about three weeks ago. These were to be used as delivery vehicles which both the sales and the finance person knew when I declined the extended warranty (usually not offered on commercial vehicles anyway) or prepaid maintenance (told the finance guy it will cost me more to drop and pick up the cars from the dealership). So it's not like they could claim that they did not know.

Fast forward three weeks and one of our cars gets a flat tire while making deliveries during the evening commute hour. And guess what? No spare tire nor a jack in the trunk even though the well for the doughnut tire is there. Of course we do not have AAA. Normally one of our people would have gone with a service jack and help change the tire, a 30-45 minute job.

Later in the evening I texted the sales guy to let him know that he had a moral obligation to have told me that the cars had no spare tire. I would have simply bought a set of wheels from the dealership and added this to the total. Instead here we are, car is going to be laid up for a day or two since we can get a replacement tire.

His answer in a nut shell was:
a. I did not ask him
b. Buyer be aware.

One of my employees suggested that we write a letter directly Hyundai regarding the ridiculous response from the dealership besides the danger this could cause to unwary buyers. Like Paul said, " what if your daughter was diving the car and got a flat tire at 2 AM on the way home"?

What really bothers me even more is that I was a dream customer, price negotiated over emails, did not bother with a test drive, signed the papers and our drivers picked up the cars. Normally the dealership would have delivered the cars. Besides they screwed up the paperwork and I had to go a second time to sign all new paperwork. Fearing a scam I really had to spend the time to scrutinize the paperwork.

It seems that this is normal, new cars may not come with a spare wheel.

Wow...the car comes with no spare tire?

Shame on them. And Buyer beware, that's a bullshit answer. I'd be talkin' to these guys bosses.