View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM

TyBrad:

You suggested vocational training shouldn't have dissapeared? I want to know where music, art, physical education went as well. As my kids went thru K-12 -- all THAT dissappeared as well OR we were supposed to kick in for it like responsible Public School parents as "privately funded" adjunct.

The vocational training COULD ACTUALLY be part of the answer -- once we've "defined the problem". Problem is -- that training and tracking probably doesn't start until Jr/Sr High because technology is so volatile. And you still have the problem of certifying a level of competence to enter that track. I'd certainly see that as a life-preserver for the lower quintiles.

As for the detrimental experimental record...

Quote:
Uhhh... don't lay that one on teachers' doorsteps. Those initiatives were from teachers being manhandled by administrators and politicians.
OK -- if you say so.. My impression was that these things came from the very highest ivory towers of the educational brain trust.. The very folks certifying new teachers. But hey -- I could be wrong. I dont care much about the history of a virus, just how to avoid it and get rid of it..

Last edited by flacaltenn; 07-19-2011 at 02:34 PM.