View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 02:38 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Whell more than holds his own and you are more often than not obtuse in your responses to Dondilion. For me, your self righteous declarations of patriotism and freedom are a bit much considering the corporate military police state in which we Americans dwell.
My declarations are more about my preference for democracy over autocracy, something MAGAt's don't seem to share. And if it's self-righteous to defend democracy from autocratic threats and enabling lies from MAGAWorld, color me guilty. I'll continue to heap abuse on Trump supporters at every turn.

As for my obtuse responses to Dondilion, he has had many a post over the years demonstrating a strong admiration for Putin and what he has done in Russia, something he has cooled off on a bit on since Putin's bloody Ukrainian debacle. Now his support for Putin is a bit more guarded/coded. But I haven't forgotten.

As for the US being a military police state, I'll take issue with that having been to quite a number of actual military police states over the years including most of the Warsaw Pact and Soviet Union in the 1980's, some of our allied juntas in Central America at that time, Egypt under Mubarak and Kenya under Moi. We are a far cry from that though I'll readily admit that Trump, given his druthers, would indeed turn the US into a fascist police state if he could considering his frequent appeals to political violence and his statement about wanting to terminate the constitution.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-24-2023 at 02:51 PM.